What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Animals' Rebellion
This topic is about The Animals' Rebellion
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Oversize hardcover children's book about living animal advertising mascots. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Kohl | 5 comments About a foot wide, rectangular. I remember the cover being black, like the edges of a TV screen. I'm going to say late 80s early nineties.

It was about several animal mascots for real-life brands. I think one was the Izod alligator? Definitely an alligator/croc, and likely also the Bic penguin. I think another was the mascot for a TV station I didn't recognize, hinting that it was a European book. They lived in a TV studio. I remember very little about the story, except that it was pretty melancholy.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Apr 13, 2019 02:15PM) (new)

Kris | 32040 comments Mod
Morgan, did this nonfiction book include non-animal mascots (e.g., What a Character!: 20th Century American Advertising Icons by Warren Dotz)?

Is the book written for adults, teens, or children?

message 3: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Kohl | 5 comments Kris wrote: "Is the book written for..."

It's a children's picture book, not nonfiction.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32040 comments Mod
Have you tried searching Worldcat.org? It's helpful for finding old children's books.

https://www.worldcat.org/advancedsearch

message 5: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Kohl | 5 comments Kris wrote: "Have you tried searching Worldcat.org? It's helpful for finding old children's books."

Tried several times. Different combinations of 'animals advertising television' or 'crocodile penguin'. Nothing.

message 6: by Ayshe (new)

message 7: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Kohl | 5 comments Ayshe wrote: "Animals Rebellion maybe?"

HOLY SWEET JESUS, YOU FOUND IT!!! :O

How!?

message 8: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4117 comments Great!
Google books, I searched for izod alligator "children's books" and it was mentioned in "Children's books from other countries".

message 9: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Kohl | 5 comments Ayshe wrote: "Great!
Google books, I searched for izod alligator "children's books" and it was mentioned in "Children's books from other countries"."

Wow. I'd tried every variation of the search terms and always came up with nothing. Thank you so much!