What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Disaster/survival? Fiction, though I could be wrong. Theres a severe storm or heavy fog. 2 ships collide one might be a steamer and the other a clipper/schooner? In the collision I think they got stuck together and one capsizes the other.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JoeSixPac (new)

JoeSixPac | 3 comments So around the change between the ships with sails and the steamer.

1 Survivor, maybe 2. Arctic or Antarctic like scenario with blizzards, Ice, Icebergs and snow and frigid temps. The survivor is stuck on the capsized section of the ship for a bit as it floats around and he tries to take stock and gather survival provisions. but later is able to find seals I think.

I tried using the Library of Congress list/site and found it confusing trying to get keywaords to work and I also went through all 100 pages of suggestions of shipwrecks here.
I checked it out of my school library a lot around 89-92(Im leaning towards the 91-92 range). I dont remember if it was a new book released then or released a while before then.

Also I dont remember if it was a short story with others collected in one book or if it was novel on its own, so I hope Im not confusing/mixing up the stories details with each other if it was multiples and not a novel. So sorry in advance if that turns out to be the case. One of the things from the novel that may be helpful that I remember was a mention by the survivor or the captain or maybe the author stating for the readers benefit but it was about the fast steam-ships being a hazard to standard merchant traffic like thiers.

This is getting annoying trying to post this so I hope I have this done right and the details right since it was years ago.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Joesixpack ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 199 from six months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!