Authors & Reviewers discussion

Author Services > Experienced Book Reviewer - Currently Searching For Romance Novels

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lotus (new)

Lotus (lotusreviewing) | 4 comments Hi, I go by Lotus and I review books. I have in the past only reviewed print, but have recently switched to allowing Kindle and Kindle doc versions. I currently review for Baker Publishing as well as NetGalley. In the past I have reviewed for onlinebookclub, tyndale, bloggingforbooks, and more. I have cut down on a lot of these because I now have a full time job in daycare and am only looking for pleasure reads.

Because I am only reviewing pleasure reads I want to try out doing a different genre every month. I typically read at least 2-3 books a week (daycare work means reading during naptime), but will only be accepting 3 a month from goodreads because I do receive books from other platforms.

What you can expect:
If you look through my reviews you will find some short and sweet and some long and detailed. For my reviews that I do directly for the author you can expect a word count of at least 400 and a well-edited review. I have an author friend who edits my important reviews and when it comes to working directly with authors I hold that to the utmost importance. I will never ask you for money. I do this for my enjoyment and to give honest feedback.

I will send you the review directly before posting. If you do not want me to post, please say so respectfully and I will not post it. Any disrespectful arguing of my opinions will result in an immediate block and a refusal to work with you again.

What I expect:
Please be understanding if I do not like your book. If I do not I will have constructive criticism within the review you are free to take or leave as pleases you.
Please do not offer a book if it is not in Kindle or print form. I will not be able to read it.
Please do not be offended if I don't choose your book to read. Feel free to offer it again if the genre is repeated.

Books will be chosen by the first Saturday of the month.

Current Reading Month: May 2019
Current Genre: Romance
Slots Open:
1)
2)
3)

Previous Month: April 2019
Previous Genre: Science Fiction
Books Read:
1) Steam Geared
2) Origin Expedition

Featured Review Link(s):
(Will add once I complete the April Reviews)

TO OFFER A BOOK FOR SUGGESTION:
Title:
Format:
Information:

After posting this information please private message me so I will be able to contact you with my kindle information or address should your book be picked.

Reviews Published

message 2: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Written (cjwritten) | 6 comments Title: Connected
Format: Print
Information: Corrine Bradley is working at building a life for herself. A life of her own, where she can move on from her past, where she can decide her future. When a boy from her past shows up unexpectedly, will it complicate her life? Or, will it make her future that much brighter? Corrine wrestles with her own demons as she tries to help him with his. Can the two of them work through it together, bonded by a deep connection they have always had? Or will the history between them and the meddling of those around prove too much for them to handle? Will the life she has strived make for herself come crashing in around her? They may be connected, but connections can be broken.

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda Oaks | 1 comments Title: Holding Sky
Format: Kindle

Eight seconds is nothing compared to her.

He was a lost boy in need of rescuing.
She was the girl with the perfect life.

At the age of eighteen, Sky Blue Jessup and County Montgomery were inseparable. Life was perfect, but the future Sky envisioned for her and County fell to the wayside after graduation, their lives each taking a different path.

If there’s one thing Professional Bull Rider, County Montgomery knows, it’s how to hold on with all his might. Returning home to recover from an injury, he encounters the girl he left behind.
Sky’s days are spent at her parent’s diner. She never made it out of their small hometown in Laurel County. She has responsibilities now, and her and County are no longer kids. She plans to leave the local celebrity in the past where he belongs, but it’s hard to deny what your heart yearns for still to this day.

When unconventional circumstances force these two together, sparks fly. While County may know how to ride a bull, he doesn’t have a clue how to deal with Sky. Can they rekindle their relationship despite their rocky past? Is history really worth repeating? Did County Montgomery ever find anything else that came close to Holding Sky?

message 4: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 50 comments Hi Lotus - I messaged you but was unable to link my offerings so and doing so here. :-) Am most looking for reviews of Outrush (no. 3), but I will be happy to provide you with the series if it interests you.

Updrift
Breakwater
Outrush

message 5: by Win (new)

Win Hollows (winhollows) | 4 comments Hello Lotus!

My name is Win Hollows, and I am an author of historical suspense romance. I would absolutely love it if you would consider taking the time to review the first in my new Lords of Havoc series.

Mayhem and the Marquess (Lords of Havoc, #1) by Win Hollows

Title: Mayhem and the Marquess
Format: Kindle or Epub
Information: Daughter of an infamous murderer, Ivy Wollard now wields knives instead of needlepoint to survive in a society where no one wants her. When the Marquess of Blackbourne comes along and ruins her chance at a better life, she decides she’d rather have her toes eaten by eels than agree to his proposed scheme. There’s no way her surrender has anything to do with the mesmerizing angle of his jawline or the wicked twinkle in his eyes.

But Asher Blackbourne has a secret. He knows it’s just a matter of time until he goes mad and loses his illustrious title, so when Ivy falls into his path, he realizes he could use her to keep his house of cards from falling down. If every illicit touch between them doesn’t drive him mad first, that is.

Yet Ivy cannot escape her grisly legacy and the dark desires of her father’s admirers. What if violence runs through her veins, and no one who gets close is safe? Mayhem will descend as this rake finally falls for the enigmatic woman who might be just his brand of poison…Oh, I mean cure, of course.

Thanks! :)

message 6: by Lotus (new)

Lotus (lotusreviewing) | 4 comments Just wanted to update everyone that I will be choosing books tomorrow instead of the first weekend of the month. I also wanted to let everyone know that for the coming months (after May) I will begin choosing only one book for review. I have been contacted by a few authors and publishers over this past month for paid reviews. This requires me to make less time for pleasure reading and more for professional reviewing. I plan on eventually opening back up all three slots once I can find a good balance on both.

message 7: by Sara (last edited Apr 30, 2019 05:10AM) (new)

Sara Breaker (sbreaker) | 26 comments Title: Save Yourself
Format: mobi/Kindle
Information:

Hi Lotus, I'm hoping you would review my YA SciFi Romance "Save Yourself". It will be released on 1st June 2019.

Here is a short blurb:
"Dr. Laney Carter is a Nobel-prize-winning Physicist with a groundbreaking invention for quantum inter-dimension travel. Two months ago, she disappeared. So did the prototype.

So, why are there government trackers hunting down seventeen-year old average high school student Laney Carter in this parallel universe? She's totally not a genius, but maybe she'll figure it out in time. Before all the worlds end. Or before they manage to delete her from existence."

Thanks so much for your time.

message 8: by Gypsy (new)

Gypsy | 9 comments Hi! I'm sorry I missed out this time. I was curious, though, if you read books that are part of a series?

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (victoriadanes) | 3 comments Title: A Heart's Tale

Hi Lotus, my name is Victoria Danes. I write historical and paranormal romance. A Heart's Tale is my first historical romance novel. It is set for release on July 1st 2019.

When Alexander Sullivan returned to his hometown of Cedar Falls, Louisiana after a seven-year absence, he had no idea his heart would still react to her. Julia Whitmore was his closest friend when they were children, but things were different, and she was now off-limits to him. Still, it is the forbidden fruit that is often the sweetest and most desired, but a taste will cost them dearly.
After a brief love affair, Alexander’s obligations to his family tear him away from Julia, leaving her broken beyond repair and her reputation in ruins. With time against her, she must resort to scandal and deceit to secure a husband before it’s too late.
Eric Dalton is well regarded, handsome, wealthy, and ignorant of Julia's past indiscretions. But is he sincere or is he hiding his own dark secrets and motives?

message 10: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (victoriadanes) | 3 comments Title: A Heart's Tale

Hi Lotus, my name is Victoria Danes. I write historical and paranormal romance. A Heart's Tale is my first historical romance novel and it is set to release on July 1st 2019.

When Alexander Sullivan returned to his hometown of Cedar Falls, Louisiana after a seven-year absence, he had no idea his heart would still react to her. Julia Whitmore was his closest friend when they were children, but things were different, and she was now off-limits to him. Still, it is the forbidden fruit that is often the sweetest and most desired, but a taste will cost them dearly.
After a brief love affair, Alexander’s obligations to his family tear him away from Julia, leaving her broken beyond repair and her reputation in ruins. With time against her, she must resort to scandal and deceit to secure a husband before it’s too late.
Eric Dalton is handsome, wealthy and well regarded. Most of all he is ignorant of Julia's past indiscretions. But is he sincere or is he hiding his own dark secrets and motives?