Play Book Tag discussion

April 2019: History > Out of the Dust by by Karen Hesse---Trim the TBR

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 907 comments Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse
Fits the April tag: History-Yes but it is Historical fiction(Someone tagged it History)
Page length of the book- 227 pages

5 stars
Written as a journal, Billie Jo walks you through some of the worst experiences in her life in 1934 and 1935. Book is depressing and raw, depicts a life lived by many as they lived through the depression and dust bowl. Could have been a quick read but took my time reading to not overload myself with the very depressing picture the book gave me. Well written and a must read for any age.

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7502 comments A few months ago I picked upThe Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl, and it ended up in my DNF pile-this looks better, I may have to add it-thanks for sharing

message 3: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 907 comments Joanne wrote: "A few months ago I picked up The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl, and it ended up in my DNF pile-this looks better, I may have to ad..."

I liked,gave it five stars, The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl. It is a much different book then Out of the Dust.

message 4: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5813 comments I loved this book. I've read it a couple of times and have read other "books in verse" by Hesse since. She can say so much in so few words!