Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Can anyone suggest some good Adult paranormal Romances?

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellen (last edited Apr 07, 2019 04:03PM) (new)

Ellen Ziegler (waternellen) | 16 comments i love the Jennifer Ashley Shifter series but also like Historical Romances (Jennifer Ashley's series is during modern times) Primal Bonds is the first book in the series, I am on the 9th? one. I am starting Mate Bond and hope it is as good as the previous ones. Does anyone have any other suggestions. Primal Bondsis the firstin theAshley series, I suggest reading them in order so you get to meet new characters and how they relate to each other. They are however, stand alone books.

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary Lowry (mlowry57) | 0 comments The Hollow series by Kim Harrison or the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Anne Rice’s Lives of the Mayfair Witches or her Vampire Chronicles. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

message 3: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Ziegler (waternellen) | 16 comments thank you very much!

message 4: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Apr 08, 2019 03:44AM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 4 comments Ellen wrote: "i love the Jennifer Ashley Shifter series but also like Historical Romances (Jennifer Ashley's series is during modern times) Primal Bonds is the first book in the series, I am on the 9th? one. I a..."

I love Jennifer Ashley too. What do you like best about the Shifters Unbound series? There are quite a few similar books so I'm not sure which to recommend without knowing your preferences. But one of my favorite things about Jennifer Ashley's series is that they live in a Paranormals-ONLY town where humans aren't allowed and how everyone reacts when someone brings a human into their midst. If you're interested, here are a couple other great PNR books with a similar "shifter town" setting.

Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop Written in Red by Anne Bishop
(The Others #1)
Born in Blood (The Sentinels, #1) by Alexandra Ivy Born in Blood by Alexandra Ivy
(The Sentinels #1)
Sonnet Vale (Paranormal Hunter #1) by Gena D. Lutz Sonnet Vale by Gena D. Lutz
(Paranormal Hunter #1)
Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh
(Psy-Changeling #1)
Grif (Tales of the Were Redstone Clan #1) by Bianca D'Arc Grif by Bianca D'Arc
(Tales of the Were: Redstone Clan #1)

message 5: by kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude (last edited Apr 08, 2019 05:28AM) (new)

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 23 comments #Ellen

I keep rec'ing this, but try the https://www.goodreads.com/series/2168... by TS Joyce.

They are mostly bear shifters but also includes felines, gorillas, dragons, a boar (!) and various birds and a witch or two. Lots of books but all are fairly short and include some (quite a bit of) humor, some angst, some sex, some action, some very alpha females (yea), a magical trailer with a permanent mouse inhabitant and a woman that has a worm farm (yes really!). Oh and there's mention of a supernatural dating agency, the men are NOT billionaires (thank heavens!) and some of them like to just hang around the neighbourhood in their drawers!!!

Formulaic? yes, but so worth it for the overarching plot that starts on day one so to speak and carries on throughout each series that makes up the collection. And the pure entertainment factor.

See my post here https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... message 113 that gives more info about the series.

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 23 comments #Ellen

And one of my all time favs Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1) by T.J. Klune .

See my gush here https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... message 114.

Can't sing this authors' praises enough, his books contain some of the most beautiful writing I've ever come across.

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 2 comments I found something that might be interesting to read. A Discovery of Witches. Which is written by Deborah Harkness.

message 8: by Addison (new)

Addison Carmichael Personally I write PNR (love the genre!), and released a shifters book KNIGHT (Sons of the Alpha #1), and am releasing book #2 HEIR on May 1st. Knight (Sons of the Alpha, #1) by Addison Carmichael Heir (Sons of the Alpha, #2) by Addison Carmichael

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Chanticleer (rachelchanticleer) | 39 comments Amy*skye.rhyme wrote: "Born in Blood (The Sentinels, #1) by Alexandra Ivy Born in Blood by Alexandra Ivy
(The Sentinels #1)..."

I enjoyed this one. And I *think* it may (as of today) be on sale for .99

message 10: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Apr 09, 2019 11:14PM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 4 comments Ellen wrote: "i love the Jennifer Ashley Shifter series but also like Historical Romances (Jennifer Ashley's series is during modern times) Primal Bonds is the first book in the series, I am on the 9th? one. I a..."

These are a couple of my favorite shifter romance series.

Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1) by J.D. Tyler Primal Law by J.D. Tyler
(Alpha Pack #1)
Enforcer (Cascadia Wolves, #1) by Lauren Dane Enforcer by Lauren Dane
(Cascadia Wolves #1)

message 11: by C. (new)

C. Bennis (CMBennis) | 2 comments Please consider Signs of Destiny.

message 12: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Flame | 1 comments Sorry if this is in the wrong place but how do I add a book to the bookshelf? It is one I recently released and is a paranormal erotic romance

message 13: by Tyger (new)

Tyger | 2 comments Night Huntress Series is amazing
Hidden Legacy Trilogy
Dark in You series is good too
Mercy Thompson series

message 14: by Clare (new)

Clare | 1 comments 'First Grave on the Right' series by Darynda Jones is addictive! 'Magic Bites' by Ilona Andrews is also good.

message 15: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (kristyb4) My favourites are Jane cousins - southern sanctuary (gr8 humour)
kresley cole - immortals after dark
JR Ward - BDB
Nalini Singh - Psy-Changeling
happy reading!

message 16: by Shawn (new)

Shawn (welshlass) | 7 comments I am a big fan of of Zoe Chant. Especially her Fire and Rescue series.

message 17: by Kat (new)

Kat (katwiththehat) | 12 comments Black Dagger Brotherhood-JR Ward
Mercy Thompson-Patricia Briggs

MsAjay (Ms. Undercover Geek) | 1 comments Rebecca Zanetti’s Dark Protector Series and Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark series are both awesome!!

message 19: by AnnMichelle (new)

AnnMichelle (amp11111) | 5 comments The Hidden Legacy Trilogy 1-3, Ilona Andrews. I was shocked how entertaining and how much I loved this trilogy. So much fun! I’m reserving judgment so far on beginning of next set of trilogy. I’d love a set of books on each character in Hidden Legacy but second trilogy feels different, and mourning loss of narrator Renee Raudman. Also HIGHLY recommend the Audible version. Very highly for the first three. I have embarrassingly enough listened to it I think possible 3 times... skipping to good parts.
And anything by Ilona Andrews in general. They are married couple using this Moniker. The Kate Daniels series is longest series, but much darker. Again loved the Audible version. Pssst: Curran, the hero, is my fav-orite. Especially with the growl only Renee Raudman. can voice. There is interesting spin-off though from the Kate Daniels series. Iron and something.
The Brotherhood of Dagger or Black Daggar Brotherhood, whatever, I got into at first but it got darker and darker and darker til I had to quit reading. My spirit was starting to feel sick the farther I went.
ANYTHING by Nalini Singh. Psy-Changlimg or the Guild-Hunters series. Both very different.
Surprise findings lately, Grace Draven who wrote Eidolon and second follow up book. Very cool and different and I really liked.
Another surprisingly different find: Jeff Wheeler and his Harbinger series. Though I’m afraid to read second to last installment! I have it but afraid it’s going to hurt my feeling until relief I’m the final installment.
Surprise to me, I like Immortals After Dark - best to start at be gemming though I think because I started in middle and got confused.

message 20: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (kristyb4) Currently reading Jeanine Frost - Night Huntress Series. highly recommend

message 21: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 3 comments Hi there, I’m Esther and I write stories with a dash of magic & a little pizzazz in the mix. Check out Lost in Amber if you enjoy girl power, superpowers & a toe-curling love story: https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Amber-Wor...

Blurb:

She just wanted to mope over her breakup, but the universe had other plans for Zoey Mills.

Twenty-four year old Zoey is at that particular point in her life when everything seems to be going sideways. Over the course of one week her boyfriend breaks up with her and she finds out she’s been genetically altered with enhancements foreign to her world.

Jasper’s first earthbound mission seemed simple enough: clean up the mess the former Interplanetary ambassador left behind, retrieve the altered survivors and capture the scientist who went rogue.

Meeting her changed and challenged everything he’d ever known.

Recommended for: Fans of Paranormal Romance and readers who enjoy light Sci-Fi and adventure stories with a healthy dose of witty humor and romance. Perfect for fans of Jennifer L. Armentrout and Cassandra Clare.

message 22: by Maria (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 10 comments kittykat wrote: "#Ellen

And one of my all time favs Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1) by T.J. Klune.

Can't sing thi..."

If I can add my voice to this. All three of the series (I think it's called Green River) are out now and they are gorgeous and emotional and Ox is probably my favorite Alpha of all, though he isn't even a wolf

message 23: by Maria (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 10 comments Once BurnedJeaniene Frost Halfway to the Grave and Once Burned are both fantastic series starters (Night Prince takes place in the NIght Huntress world but you don't need to have read it). Also if you like dragon shifters, I love G. A. Aiken. Try Dragon Actually It's funny and tender. Just read The Blacksmith Queen which I think of as more FR, but it mentions an annoying human queen in the dragon lands and I am hoping that is Anwyll the Bloody.

message 24: by kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude (last edited Nov 07, 2019 08:58AM) (new)

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 23 comments Maria wrote: "kittykat wrote: "... Ox is probably my favorite Alpha of all..."

I agree, he is my single favorite character that I've read period. Beautiful, brave and strong without any of the nonsense that comes with being an alphahole that is far too prevalent in our genre.

message 25: by Anita (new)

Anita (neet413) | 26 comments The Repairman Jack series from F Paul Wilson

The Mailman by Bentley Little

Also by Bentley Little, The Association

message 26: by Maria (last edited Nov 07, 2019 09:27AM) (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 10 comments kittykat wrote: "Maria wrote: "kittykat wrote: "... Ox is probably my favorite Alpha of all..."

I agree, he is my single favorite character that I've read period. Beautiful, brave and strong without any of the non..."

Exactly. Have you read Riversong and Heartsong? I have to admit that I bought both and started, but feel like I need to go back and re-read Wolfsong, since it has been a while.

message 27: by Maria (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 10 comments AnnMichelle wrote: "The Hidden Legacy Trilogy 1-3, Ilona Andrews. I was shocked how entertaining and how much I loved this trilogy. So much fun! I’m reserving judgment so far on beginning of next set of trilogy. I’d l..."

If you like Grace Draven, maybe try Jeffe Kennedy, too?

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 23 comments Maria wrote: "... Have you read Riversong and Heartsong? I have to admit that I bought both and started, but feel like I need to go back and re-read Wolfsong, since it has been a while."

I read Wolfsong again last year before Ravensong, and I'll be reading them both again before Heartsong... I thought I'd rush in upon release but I really want to savor them but it will be soon.

message 29: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Dale | 1 comments Eleanor Eden is an author you might want to try. :)
https://www.amazon.com/Strength-Burde...

message 30: by Nicole Angel (last edited Dec 13, 2019 11:30PM) (new)

Nicole Angel (angel4autism) | 30 comments Hi, I need help please. I know all the books from Nalini, JR, Kenyon , because I have read them many times usually I read the entire series before a new release. I am trying to remember a series and I can't remember the name or who is the author. The baby to be protected is Beep, protector 1 was Mr Wong. The father is Raziel, son of Lucifer, I keep getting this series and the Kate Daniel series mixed up don't ask me why. I know Roland is in one of the series. Kate and Conlon, so, who is Beeps mom? Are there any new books in the series. I remember it ended but, there was so much more story- Beep growing up, Beep fighting Lucifer. Help please. Thank you! I am really Brain dead tonight. I am also looking for another book. The series had Drago as the villian who created these killers called Hunters. The main books were about Breeds and then they brought in the Atlantean. There is a new Hunter book and I think a new main Breed book and I can't remember the name of the series who who wrote it. I think I need to go to sleep. Thanks for any help

message 31: by Deepika (new)

Deepika | 1 comments Hi Nicole, I’m not sure of Beep’s series but the second one is called Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian.

message 32: by Sofia (new)

Sofia  (sofia210) | 1 comments Beep’s series is charley Davidson

message 33: by Maria (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 10 comments Beep is the son of Reyes (Raziel) Farrow and Charley Davidson. Series by Darynda Jones

message 34: by Maria (new)

Maria Reyes | 1 comments Invasive is a really good book. it's about an FBI agent who has to solve a case about GMO ants.

message 35: by AnnMichelle (new)

AnnMichelle (amp11111) | 5 comments To Maria: (I’m on phone so can’t do nifty cut and paste to respond). Yes I like Grace Draven, but I’ve never heard of Jeffe Kennedy. Will look him/ her up... thank you.
AnnMichelle

message 36: by Christina (new)

Christina Sipes (caycam14) | 1 comments I havent read it but I just came accross this one in my news feed

https://books.google.com/books/about/...

message 37: by Maria (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 10 comments AnnMichelle wrote: "To Maria: (I’m on phone so can’t do nifty cut and paste to respond). Yes I like Grace Draven, but I’ve never heard of Jeffe Kennedy. Will look him/ her up... thank you.
AnnMichelle"

Sorry, I didn't see this, because without the nifty cut/paste thing, I don't get tapped. I'll be interested to hear what you think. I'm on volume two of the series that started with The Orchid Throne. High fantasy, with great characters. Queen Lia is a kind of combination of Q. Elizabeth 1 and Padme Amidala with nature magic thrown in while the hero reminds me a little of Darrow from Red Rising. It's got just the right amount of magic. I tend to get a little tetchy if there's so much magic that there seem to be no rules. Painted yourself into a plot corner? Abracadabra! That kind of thing.

message 38: by Shawn (new)

Shawn (welshlass) | 7 comments I have been reading ML Ryan. Her Special Offer series is brilliant and funny. Her heroine is smart and sarcastic. Up to book 5 of 7 and still loving it.

message 39: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Ziegler (waternellen) | 16 comments Olivia wrote: "I found something that might be interesting to read. A Discovery of Witches. Which is written by Deborah Harkness." Thank you, I read the whole series...fabulous reading. loved the whole thing.

message 40: by Meghan (last edited May 18, 2020 11:37PM) (new)

Meghan (mm_reads) | 3 comments M/M Adult Paranormal/Urban fantasy --
A few good series:
City of Crows/Soul Breaker by Clara Coulson (not much sex)

The Tarot Sequence/The Last Sun by K.D. Edwards

Soulbound/A Ferry of Bones & Gold by Hailey Turner (everything and the kitchen sink)

Fairy Tales of the Open Road/Americana Fairy Tale by Lex Chase (Various tropes)

Partnership in Blood/Alliance in Blood by Ariel Tachna (Vampires/witches)

Beacon Hill Sorcerer/The Necromancer's Dilemma by S.J. Himes (Vampires/withces)

Lords of the Underworld/Prisoner of Shadows by Sam Burns (Greek/various myths)

THIRDS/Hell & High Water by Charlie Cochet (Science fantasy/shifters)

message 41: by Meghan (new)

Meghan (mm_reads) | 3 comments Maria wrote: "kittykat wrote: "#Ellen

See my gush here https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... message 114..."

Woot! Excellent series, 4th book coming out end of this year. First book is a really good audiobook too.

message 42: by Maria (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 10 comments kittykat wrote: "#Ellen

Can't sing thi..."

Seconding this! One of the main reasons I come on these recs is to make sure Wolfsong is recommended.

message 43: by Maria (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 10 comments AnnMichelle wrote: "The Hidden Legacy Trilogy 1-3, Ilona Andrews. I was shocked how entertaining and how much I loved this trilogy. So much fun! I’m reserving judgment so far on beginning of next set of trilogy. I’d l..."

Tyger wrote: "Night Huntress Series is amazing
Hidden Legacy Trilogy
Dark in You series is good too
Mercy Thompson series"

Night Huntress and all of Jeaniene Frost's series are excellent.

message 44: by Maria (last edited May 19, 2020 08:55AM) (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 10 comments Nicole Angel wrote: "Hi, I need help please. I know all the books from Nalini, JR, Kenyon , because I have read them many times usually I read the entire series before a new release. I am trying to remember a series an..."

Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones!
Darynda Jones

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 23 comments Maria wrote: "Seconding this! One of the main reasons I come on these recs is to make sure Wolfsong is recommended."

Great minds!

I feel like TJ Klune's unpaid pimp 🤣 at times because I take every opportunity to rec Wolfsong on GR and also to many of the booktubers I watch! I love not just this book/series but everything that I've read of his so far, I think he is a superior writer and storyteller (not every author is great at both) in every single way and the only male author that I'm 'devoted' to so to speak.

message 46: by Maria (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 10 comments Just finished Cerulean, too. It's partly the writing but partly that he is one of the most humane writers with gorgeous found families.

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 23 comments Maria wrote: "Just finished Cerulean, too. It's partly the writing but partly that he is one of the most humane writers with gorgeous found families."

I agree. I jumped on that one as soon as it was released. Another 5 star read without a doubt.

message 48: by Ellen (last edited May 20, 2020 11:19AM) (new)

Ellen Ziegler (waternellen) | 16 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/... Just an FYI, if you like paranormal you probably already know about Hannah Howell's Wherlocke family series. IF not , make sure you read them. The first in the series is If He was Wicked.If He's Wicked

message 49: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Ziegler (waternellen) | 16 comments You must also read the Arcane Series by AManda Quick (Jayne Anne Krentz pseudonym used when it is a historical book) These are the books in the Arcane Society series (SOOOO good)

1. Second Sight (2006)
2. White Lies (2007)
3. Sizzle and Burn (2007)
4. The Third Circle (2008)
5. Running Hot (2008)
6. The Perfect Poison (2009)