2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder in Murray Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #16)
This topic is about Murder in Murray Hill
Murder in Murray Hill > Question N

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
O’Brien, the chief of detectives shares Frank’s point of view about the women and chastised Broghan for continuing to victimize them. Were you surprised at his decision? Did Frank really need to give Broghan his fee?

Phrynne | 602 comments O'Brien sounded like one of the good ones:) I think Frank might just be thinking about staying on Broghan's good side. It might serve him well in the future.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
Broghan is a drunk and the only one who volunteered to take on the case. I think this is the last time Frank will work with him if he has a say about it. There are better cops in that station. I think Frank gave him that fee so he could tell the others about it.

O’Brien did surprise me. I felt he’d appreciate that those women couldn’t be prosecuted but I was not expecting him to take Broghan down a peg. That was pretty satisfying.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I was also pleasantly surprised by O'Brien. Gave me some hope for men and police at the time, however rare.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I was happy to see O'Brien agreed with Frank's views. It was a plus to see him bring Broghan down a notch.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I too was surprised and pleased with O'Brien's actions. Like Frank, he is also a good man in a terrible system.

Yes, giving Broghan the fee will foster goodwill with him and the other police officers. Frank knows he might need it.