Because we love books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book of the Month > Book of the Month of May

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 121 comments Mod
So... I know it is a little early to be talking about it but I needed to talk about it anyways and if I do it now you will have more time to think about it. So...

We need to decide which books will be part of the poll for the Book of the Month of May.

(The poll to choose the book of this month is already created and you can already vote. The winner book will be part of the group shelf and will be created a discussion about this book for everyone who wants can discuss what they think about it)

But as I was saying... we need to choose the books that will be part of the poll for the book of the next month. If you want you can suggest some books (3 maximum). You just need to write a comment with:

- Name of the book
- Type of book
- If it is part of a series (if it is then it need to be the first of this series)
- Your opinion (if you had already read it)

The book can't be one of the book in this month poll.

The moderators will choose 10 books that will be part of the poll to choose the Book of the Month of May that will start on 1st May.

AGAIN, I know it's early to be talking about it but this way you have more time to think about it!

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (Read book. Repeat) (jessicarhiannon) | 123 comments Mod
NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
Horror
Stand alone book
This book is in my top 5 favourites of all time. It is so well written and story is gripping. The characters are well developed and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels, #1) by Anne Bishop
Fantasy
First in the Black Jewels series by Anne Bishop
Also in my top 5 all time favourites. The world building is amazing, the characters are just awesome, and there are no words to describe how much I love this series.

A Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G. Drews
Contemporary young adult
Stand alone novel
I never would have picked this up on my own, I won it in a competition and I'm so glad that I did. The story is heartwrenchingly beautiful and I read the book in 3 hours it's that gripping.

message 3: by Katherine (last edited Apr 12, 2019 01:57PM) (new)

The Wrong Train by Jeremy de Quidt
Name: The Wrong Train
Type: Horror
Series: It's not part of a series
Opinion: When I start reading it I didn't think I would like the book because to be honest horror books it's not my type of book. So I was surprised when I discover how much I like the book. The part of the horror isn't the plot itself. It's the stories in the middle of the plot. Stories so well-written that make your heart starts racing and when you finished you are a little scared. The only problem is the way the stories are written. All in the same way. Waiting for the end to scare you. So when you had already read two or three stories you already know what you should expect and the stories aren't that scared anymore despite they are still really good.

The Falconer (The Falconer, #1) by Elizabeth May
Name: The Falconer
Type: YA fantasy
Series: First book in The Falconer series
Opinion: I really like this book. The book was so well-written that can make you feel that there are faeries in Edinburgh in 1844 is completely normal. More. The characters are so perfect (with qualities and faults as the real persons) that you can think they existed. That if you lived in Edinburgh in 1844 you could Aileana in the middle of the aristocracy during the day and hunting faeries with her mentor (that is also a faerie...) to get her revenge during the night. Yes. You read well. Aileana. A Lady, daughter of the Marquess of Douglas. Living in the middle of the aristocracy. Acting like the perfect lady. And then, during the night, she hunts. She fights. She kills. All to get her revenge. Because one year ago, a faerie killed her mother. A faerie took away the person in the world that Aileana loved more. And now she will not stop until she finds and kills the faerie that kill her mother.

message 4: by The Girl (new)

The Girl  | 4 comments 1) Geekerella
YA Comedy
First in a series
I love this book because of how beautifully it reflects the importance to be yourself and that it's okay to love what you love, and no one should ever judge for it. As well as this, it is also a Cinderella interpretation, but Elle is not a damsel in distress: she can take care of herself. The book is thought provoking and imaginative and I think we need more books like it in the world.

2)The Darkest Minds
YA Dystopia
First in The Darkest Minds Series
Although the series is quite old I have only just started reading it, and I think some of the morals underlying within the story are relevant and important to today's society. With it's colourful blend of characters and the incredible power and determination of these children who didn't ask to be who they are and yet they do not give up, it truly is inspiring. Plus, we have Liam Michael Stewart, who in my opinion is one of the greatest YA characters of all time who should be loved and cherished dearly. This book is filled with love and hope and the responsibilities that come along with accepting who you truly are and who you want to be.

3) Throne of Glass
Urban Fantasy
First in the Throne of Glass series
Most people in the YA book community especially will probably know who Celaena Sardothien is, but for those that don't I envy you, because I would love to read them again with such wonder, but since I've read up to Tower of Dawn I sadly can't do that. But the reason I am putting this book forward because it is one of the greatest series of all time, in my opinion. Celaena is wicked and wonderful and has this brighness and warmth to her, when she feels like it. After surviving a year in a prison camp, she still has the depth to love and hate and fight for those that she grows to care about. When you know what happens later on in the series, and how after all of it she still finds the strength to smile, it makes you feel brave. And not only her, but the other characters as well. The world that Sarah J Maas has created and the magic and wonder and the fights and the tears and these majestic lands make this series all the better. The first book may be like the Hunger Games, but the world becomes so much more and I am incredibly proud to call myself a fan.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

We just need two more books guys!! Come and share your favourites ^_^

message 6: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 9 comments 1: The Program by Suzanne Young
YA Dystopia/Sci-Fi/Romance
1st in The Program series
I love this book so much uwu

2: You Will Be Mine by Natasha Preston
YA Mystery/Suspense
Stand alone
This is the first YA murder mystery I read, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. Plus, it introduced me to this fantabulous author.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Kyra wrote: "1: The Program by Suzanne Young
YA Dystopia/Sci-Fi/Romance
1st in The Program series
I love this book so much uwu

2: You Will Be Mine by Natasha Preston
YA Mystery/Suspense
Stand alone
This is the..."

I've just added both of these books to my TBR list!! They both sound absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for sharing ^_^ You should do our Top 5 discussion thread! I'd love to add more amazing books to my ever growing TBR pile hahaha (don't feel pressured!)

message 8: by Katherine (new)

The poll for the Book of the Month of May have already started! Don't forget to vote!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.