What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Enchanted Ivy
This topic is about Enchanted Ivy
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fantasy, YA - Girl visits college, strange things are revealed. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Audrey (new) - added it

Audrey | 13 comments I read this book a while back, maybe around 2010, so my memory's a bit spotty.

From what I recall, it was a YA book or book for youth centered around a college-age girl in the real world. She visited a college (I believe it was Stanford?) and strange things started happening to her.

There was some plotline surrounding her mother and over the course of the book she learned about a fantasy world that she didn't previously know of and that somehow involved her and her mother. I seem to recall there were spooky bits about other students acting strange (or had strange abilities), and there was a lot of description of vines/ivy/plants in relation to the main character. ((Potentially statuary coming to life as well?))

I seem to remember the narrator being somewhat unreliable.

I realize this is vague, but hopefully it rings a bell with someone. Thank you!

message 2: by SBC (new) - rated it 4 stars

SBC (essbeecee) | 856 comments Could it be Tam Lin by Pamela Dean?

message 3: by Audrey (new) - added it

Audrey | 13 comments I think it could be, yes! I'd have to reread to be 100% sure, but the concept sounds right. Thanks!

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Audrey ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 220 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 5: by 0possum (new)

0possum | 71 comments or maybe? Enchanted Ivy

message 6: by Audrey (new) - added it

Audrey | 13 comments 0possum wrote: "or maybe? Enchanted Ivy"

This is the one, for real this time! Thank you so much!