Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Need help to get all of my books properly listed together

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda Coff (revdrlindadecoff) | 21 comments Dear Librarians,

One of my newest books is not on my Author Page where all my books are listed. Title is ATTAINING DIVINE CONSCIOUSNESS ~ Volume III; "The Risen Consciousness." My Author name is Reverend Dr. Linda De Coff, my Author Page is under Linda De Coff. Thus, when one looks at my author page this book cannot be found. Instead, it is listed under another Author Page (Reverend Dr. Linda De Coff). Somehow, I need to get everything under my main author page name ~ Linda De Coff, so all my books are together and can be easily found. An additional issue is that my last name is De Coff. Because of the space in my last name, whenever a comment, etc. is added my name will come up as Coff, which is incorrect.
I greatly appreciate any help you can give to straighten out these 2 ongoing issues.
Looking Forward to timely resolution.
Sincerely,
Reverend Dr. Linda De Coff (Author Page ~ Linda De Coff)

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments I moved the books to your profile.

You might want to correct on your profile the following:
sort by name to 'de coff, linda'
shelf display name to 'De Coff, Linda'
and see if that will help.

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda Coff (revdrlindadecoff) | 21 comments Thank you so much, Olivia ~ It is nice to see all my books to date in one place.

Re: the issue with how my name appears when I comment, etc. ~ I tried your suggestion re: sort by name change and shelf display name change, as per your instructions above. As yet, it hasn't seemed to correct my name from Coff to De Coff when I comment. You can see this on my profile page, and the issue only applies to when I comment. I did not put any quote enclosures around my last name, when I made the modification, so I don't know if I should have for the computer to recognize. Thanks for letting me know, Olivia if there is anything else that should be done to try and correct.

Other than this issue, my name appears correctly on my profile itself. Thanks for your guidance & thanks so much for getting my books in one spot.

Reverend Dr. Linda De Coff

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda Coff (revdrlindadecoff) | 21 comments Hi Olivia, just another issue. The paperback version of the very same book ~ ATTAINING DIVINE CONSCIOUSNESS ~ Volume III ~ The Risen Consciousness! is still located under Reverend Dr. Linda De Coff and thus, the review does not come in, as it does on the kindle version. When I try to combine, I am unable. When you can, can you combine the paperback with the Kindle? I tried to do myself, but it says this book is already listed, and there are no other editions. I am sure this is because of the initial confusion. Now, the Kindle version is perfectly listed on my main page ~ Linda De Coff, but I have not been able to combine the paperback with it. Many Thanks, Reverend Dr. Linda De Coff

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 14997 comments (Books can only be combined if the author name is the same.) I have fixed it and combined them.