Superheroes and Comic Book Club discussion

Comic Book Discussions > Battle of the Captain Marvels

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phillip (last edited Apr 07, 2019 12:39PM) (new)

Phillip Murrell | 49 comments Who would have thought that DC and Marvel would have movies of their Captain Marvel debut a month a part? That being said, which did you prefer: Captain Marvel or Shazam!? I thought both movies were fun to watch. Both will be added to my Blu Ray collection. Though the MCU is superior in every way to every other film franchise (in my opinion), I have to admit that Shazam! wins in my book.

I think Marvel has the better superhero, but Billy Batson is probably the greatest alter ego in comics. Carol Danvers doesn't stand a chance. The Kree/Skrull background was a better setting, but I enjoyed Shazam! a lot more. Captain Marvel did one thing that made the ending hard for me:

(view spoiler)

Again, where do you stand? Did you prefer one over the other or do you feel they were about the same?

message 2: by Dave (new)

Dave Terruso | 5 comments I haven't seen Shazam yet, but I was disappointed in Captain Marvel. The film didn't do nearly enough to make me care about Carol Danvers until the movie was almost 2/3 done. Alter egos are everything to me, and I agree that Batson is one of the best. Looking forward to seeing Shazam soon.