YA LGBT Books discussion

Timekeeper (Timekeeper, #1)
This topic is about Timekeeper
Book of the Month > April 2019 BotM - Timekeeper (poss spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (last edited May 24, 2019 08:37AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 15161 comments Our April-May Book of the Month winner was Timekeeper Timekeeper (Timekeeper, #1) by Tara Sim by Tara Sim

I was in an accident. I got out. I’m safe now.

An alternate Victorian world controlled by clock towers, where a damaged clock can fracture time—and a destroyed one can stop it completely.

A prodigy mechanic who can repair not only clockwork but time itself, determined to rescue his father from a Stopped town.

A series of mysterious bombings that could jeopardize all of England.

A boy who would give anything to relive his past, and one who would give anything to live at all.

A romance that will shake the very foundations of time.

Note trigger warnings for : (view spoiler)

This thread is for discussion of this book - there is no specific reading schedule and you may post at any time. There may be spoilers in the comments, so be aware if you have not yet finished. Especially if you are posting early in the two months, please try to put real plot spoilers into a spoiler-hiding tag - write <*spoiler> before the text and <*/spoiler> at the end of it - with both * removed to make it work, and it will be hidden, revealed only (view spoiler)

I look forward to seeing what the group thinks of this one.

Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~ (Linda2485) | 311 comments I finally finished the trilogy. While it does have some flaws, I still greatly enjoyed it. It was an interesting ride.

Warnings: (view spoiler)

Sex content: For this book, none. This is firmly YA. The next two are going to be up to each reader. There's nothing explicit, and I'm not even sure it can really be called sex. (view spoiler)

I don't have a lot of experience with steampunk, but it seems to be a genre where anything goes. The world-building was pretty decent, though I did find it lacking in certain parts, but I think the rest of the series helps fill that in pretty nicely.

I really liked Danny, Colton and Daphne. This is largely Danny's story, but the other characters get more page time in the next two books, so it turns out to be more of an ensemble as the series goes on.

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim (LokiLady) | 329 comments As soon as I finished the first book, I was requesting the second and third from my library. I agree that it wasn't perfect, but I quite enjoyed the series.

Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~ (Linda2485) | 311 comments Kim wrote: "As soon as I finished the first book, I was requesting the second and third from my library. I agree that it wasn't perfect, but I quite enjoyed the series."

I was yelling at the audiobook (wonderfully read by Gary Furlong) for the third book so much, I gave it my second 5* rating of the year. 😁

message 5: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim (LokiLady) | 329 comments Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~ wrote: "I was yelling at the audiobook (wonderfully read by Gary Furlong) for the third book so much, I gave it my second 5* rating of the year. 😁"

Yeah . . . that third book had me worried as I went along and the death toll mounted!

message 6: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 15161 comments Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~ wrote: "I finally finished the trilogy. While it does have some flaws, I still greatly enjoyed it. It was an interesting ride.

Warnings: [spoilers removed]

Sex content: For this book, none. This is firm..."

I'm glad you enjoyed these. And thanks for the warning info, I added those to the first post. It sounds intriguing.

Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~ (Linda2485) | 311 comments Kaje wrote: "Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~ wrote: "I finally finished the trilogy. While it does have some flaws, I still greatly enjoyed it. It was an interesting ride.

Warnings: [..."

I meant to edit my post. The warnings are for the series overall, not so much this one.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Timekeeper (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tara Sim (other topics)