Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Middle grade novel (57k) for swap.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella | 5 comments Hi everyone,
I am currently looking for a critique partner or beta reader for a middle grade novel complete at 57k words.
In exchange, I would be happy to read manuscripts within most genres, though I would prefer books written with a similar age group in mind. Please note that I will not read romance or crime - sorry!
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Gabby

message 2: by Talhe (new)

Talhe | 5 comments Could you give a description of what your novel is about?

message 3: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella | 5 comments I've just sent you a private message. :-)

message 4: by James (new)

James Johnson | 3 comments Hi Gabriella,
Are you still looking for a critique partner? I would be happy to swap. My manuscript is a completed and edited Middle Grade Fantasy/Adventure. It is a sort of coming of age story with a lot of fantasy elements.

The one hitch is that it's quite long at 99,000K. To be fair I wouldn't expect you to read it all. Maybe the first few parts which I think would equal about 50,000k. Please PM me if you are interested.
Thanks,

message 5: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella | 5 comments Thanks for getting back to me! I’ve already done a few swaps and have decided to make some changes to my manuscript before doing any more.
If you’re both still interested in a month or two, I’d be happy to discuss the possibility of an exchange. Sorry I can’t be of more help at present!

message 6: by David (new)

David Wilson | 95 comments Hi Gabriella, are you still looking to swap? I have an 80K adventure fantasy aimed probably at the younger end of YA. Let me know if you are still interested.

David

message 7: by Jill (new)

Jill Campbell | 30 comments Hi Gabriella,
I have a YA culturally sensitive novel ready to swap that is about 70k words.
I am in the query tranches and would love sincere criticism and comments. Also, I give back line by line critique,
Jill
jcjc49@aol.com

message 8: by Klarika (new)

Klarika Hume | 2 comments Hi Gabriella,
I am also looking for a critique partner or beta reader for my middle grade novel (43k words). Mine is an adventure story. If you are still looking for someone to swap with, I'd be interested.
Klarika