Series to Finish challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Readathons 2019 > April readathon (15th-21st)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

📚 You can read any book that is part of a series, even if you do not intend to finish it this year or the series is not complete yet
📚The readathon starts at 12 o’clock in whatever timezone you’re in. You can join anytime.
📚We are also on Twitter and Instagram so you can update your progress there too with #SeriesTF2019
📚We will be running runnings reading sprints on Twitter

Any other questions? Ask and we’ll happily answer them.

You can use this thread to share you TBR, goals and progress

message 2: by Elyse (last edited Apr 07, 2019 05:18AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 499 comments I will be vacationing the 18th-23rd but one of the Dewey's hourly discussions got me thinking about reading books set where I'm going so I might abandon all books and take my stack of Sookie Stackhouse physical and audio books! Haven't 100% decided yet. We're going to New Orleans!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I still do not know either; I have a couple of options but I'm waiting to see my progress with my April TBR first.

@Elyse I've never read that series, though I watched a bit of the show, do you like both? I like your idea too, it sounds cool! Maybe they mention something you can visit throughout your stay there ;)

message 4: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 499 comments Anna wrote: "I still do not know either; I have a couple of options but I'm waiting to see my progress with my April TBR first.

@Elyse I've never read that series, though I watched a bit of the show, do you li..."

I've watched the first season of True Blood (many years ago) and read the first book. At that point, the show was pretty much identical to the first book. That's all I can say! lol. I'll probably re-watch the show and finish it once I finish the series.

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Cassidy | 99 comments I'm gonna be doing the TomeTopple Readathon at the same time, so I want to read Eldest (The Inheritance Cycle, #2) by Christopher Paolini Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling A Map of Days (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #4) by Ransom Riggs

message 6: by Ruthsic (new)

Ruthsic | 104 comments I'm already reading these for the Audiobookathon that starts at the same time, and it fits well for this readathon too!
Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red, #2) by Kerstin Gier

message 7: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments Almost afraid to say but I'll actually be starting a new series:
Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1)

Continuing the Stephanie Patrick series (#2):
Chameleon (Stephanie Patrick #2) by Mark Burnell Chameleon

Finishing The Shining series (#2)
Doctor Sleep (The Shining, #2) by Stephen King Doctor Sleep

message 8: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 499 comments Susy wrote: "Almost afraid to say but I'll actually be starting a new series:
Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1)

Continuing the Stephanie Patr..."

I read The Shining in 2017 but I think I might re-read it in e-book form and then read Doctor Sleep! My paperback copy of The Shining is microscopic print and I really hated reading it because of that. lol.

message 9: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments @Elyse: Right? I reread The Shining last month, really minuscule letters!

message 10: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 499 comments Susy wrote: "@Elyse: Right? I reread The Shining last month, really minuscule letters!"

Those old Mass Market Paperbacks suck. Small book, small font, mine has yellowed pages, it's that old. lol

message 11: by Elyse (last edited Apr 11, 2019 06:19AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 499 comments Looks like I have way too much to read (non-series) to throw in the Sookie Stackhouse series at this time. My only goal for this Readathon will be to read these novellas to finish up the Lorien Legacies series. I've been throwing these guys into every Readathon here and still haven't read them. lol.
Finish Lorien Legacies Series - Legacies Reborn (Lorien Legacies The Lost Files #13) by Pittacus Lore Last Defense (Lorien Legacies The Lost Files #14) by Pittacus Lore Hunt for the Garde (Lorien Legacies The Lost Files #15) by Pittacus Lore
Finish Winternight Trilogy - The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3) by Katherine Arden

message 12: by Kayla (last edited Apr 22, 2019 03:06AM) (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 24 comments I'm in! My husband will be away at a bachelor party that weekend, so that will give plenty of reading time. I think my goal is to catch up on some series, and knock some full completed duologies and series out.

TBR:
The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2) by Chris Colfer , The Everlasting Rose (The Belles, #2) by Dhonielle Clayton , The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2) by Holly Black , Kickin' It (Red Card, #2) by Rachel Van Dyken , Disney at Dawn (Kingdom Keepers, #2) by Ridley Pearson , Reboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera , Rebel (Reboot, #2) by Amy Tintera The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1) by Emily R. King , The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2) by Emily R. King , The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3) by Emily R. King , The Warrior Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #4) by Emily R. King , Bat and the End of Everything (A Boy Called Bat, #3) by Elana K. Arnold

4/15: finished Bat and the End of Everything (A Boy Called Bat, #3) by Elana K. Arnold (178 pages) (series finished), read 317 pages of The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2) by Chris Colfer , read 38 pages of Her Cherry (Objects of Attraction, #2) by Penelope Bloom
4/16: finished The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2) by Chris Colfer (148 pages), finished Flying Witch, Vol. 5 by Chihiro Ishizuka (146 pages), read 97 pages of HALO Battle Born (Battle Born A Halo Young Adult Novel Series #1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke , read 31 pages of Her Cherry (Objects of Attraction, #2) by Penelope Bloom
4/17: finished Her Cherry (Objects of Attraction, #2) by Penelope Bloom (80 pages), read 43 pages of Halo Battle Born by Cassandra Rose Clarke , read 146 pages of Reboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera
4/18: finished Reboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera (219 pages), read 58 pages of HALO Battle Born (Battle Born A Halo Young Adult Novel Series #1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke , 58 pages of Rebel (Reboot, #2) by Amy Tintera , and 27 pages of Cast in Faefire (Mage Craft, #3) by S.M. Reine
4/19: finished HALO Battle Born (Battle Born A Halo Young Adult Novel Series #1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke (103 pages), finished The Mighty Thor, Volume 5 The Death of the Mighty Thor by Jason Aaron (136 pages) (series completed), finished Rebel (Reboot, #2) by Amy Tintera (282 pages) (series completed), read 24 pages of The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses, #1) by Cassandra Clare , read 57 pages of The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, #1) by Rick Riordan
4/20: read 215 pages of The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses, #1) by Cassandra Clare , read 103 pages of The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, #1) by Rick Riordan , read 12 pages of Cast in Faefire (Mage Craft, #3) by S.M. Reine
4/21: finished The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses, #1) by Cassandra Clare (111 pages), finished Skyward, Vol. 1 My Low-G Life by Joe Henderson (136 pages), read 75 pages of The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, #1) by Rick Riordan , read 14 pages of Cast in Faefire (Mage Craft, #3) by S.M. Reine

Pages Read: 2,864

Books Finished: Bat and the End of Everything (A Boy Called Bat, #3) by Elana K. Arnold , The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2) by Chris Colfer , Flying Witch, Vol. 5 by Chihiro Ishizuka , Her Cherry (Objects of Attraction, #2) by Penelope Bloom , Reboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera , HALO Battle Born (Battle Born A Halo Young Adult Novel Series #1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke , The Mighty Thor, Volume 5 The Death of the Mighty Thor by Jason Aaron , Rebel (Reboot, #2) by Amy Tintera , The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses, #1) by Cassandra Clare , Skyward, Vol. 1 My Low-G Life by Joe Henderson

Series Finished: 3

If I happen to finish those, I'll have quite a few more full finished series I can choose from to read. I'll also being reading a few non series books during this week, and library books, but I didn't want to mention them since this is a series readathon.

message 13: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 499 comments My Overdrive hold just came in for The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3) by Katherine Arden so I will be adding that to this Readathon too!

message 14: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 24 comments Elyse wrote: "My Overdrive hold just came in for The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3) by Katherine Arden so I will be adding that to this Readathon too!"

I own all of this trilogy. I really need to binge read it sometime soon. I'm bad about buying full series with the intention to binge read them, then never get to it.

message 15: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 499 comments Kayla wrote: "Elyse wrote: "My Overdrive hold just came in for The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3) by Katherine Arden so I will be adding that to this Readathon too!"

I own all of this trilogy. I really need to binge rea..."

Oh girl I do that tooooo! lol. Because I'm like oh well, I wanted to start this series and now it's all out, I'll just buy the whole thing. And then it languishes on my shelves. lol. But yes you should read this trilogy, it's so good!!

message 16: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 24 comments Elyse wrote: "Kayla wrote: "Elyse wrote: "My Overdrive hold just came in for The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3) by Katherine Arden so I will be adding that to this Readathon too!"

I own all of this trilogy. I really nee..."

Maybe if I get through my TBR for this readathon, I'll binge read it.

message 17: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresasnyder) | 105 comments Susy wrote: "Almost afraid to say but I'll actually be starting a new series:

Continuing the Stephanie Patr..."

Finnikin series is sooo good!!!!

message 18: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresasnyder) | 105 comments Kayla wrote: "I'm in! My husband will be away at a bachelor party that weekend, so that will give plenty of reading time. I think my goal is to catch up on some series, and knock some full completed duologies an..."

I just finished The Everlasting Rose today!!! I really liked it!! I also have The Hundredth Queen series on my tbr series to finish list. I read the first one a couple months ago, just haven't gotten back to it.

good luck!!!

message 19: by Theresa (last edited Apr 22, 2019 03:34AM) (new)

Theresa (theresasnyder) | 105 comments My goals for next week:

Ivory and Bone (Ivory and Bone, #1) by Julie Eshbaugh Obsidian and Stars (Ivory and Bone, #2) by Julie Eshbaugh
The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken The Last Life of Prince Alastor (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding, #2) by Alexandra Bracken
Yumi (Flame in the Mist, #1.75) by Renée Ahdieh Ōkami (Flame in the Mist, #1.25) by Renée Ahdieh Smoke in the Sun (Flame in the Mist, #2) by Renée Ahdieh
You Won't Know I'm Gone (The Black Angel Chronicles #2) by Kristen Orlando

I plan to start Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

I'm sure I'll squeeze a couple others in there. My overall goal the next couple of months is to tackle a lot of the series that I only have 1 or 2 more books to read to finish.

message 20: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 24 comments Theresa wrote: "Kayla wrote: "I'm in! My husband will be away at a bachelor party that weekend, so that will give plenty of reading time. I think my goal is to catch up on some series, and knock some full complete..."

Thanks. I'm hoping to binge listen to all of the audiobooks for The Hundredth Queen series.

message 21: by Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks) (last edited Apr 17, 2019 04:09AM) (new)

Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks)  (dragonsandpaperbacks) | 215 comments I'm doing a readathon right now up until the 14th so, I'm waiting until then to decide my full tbr. My mom has the next week off work and we have some plans, but I'm hoping to read these:

The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) by George R.R. Martin
I'm hoping to make a dent in A Feast For Crows next week but I'm not aiming to finish it since it's 1060 pages.

There are a couple of standalone books I'm reading as well but I should still be able to read some of it.

https://theportuguesebibliophile.word...

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm keeping my TBR small because I am unsure what else to read:
https://readerandproud.wordpress.com/...
Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
If anyone wants to discuss them, just message me ;)

message 23: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments Theresa wrote: "Susy wrote: "Almost afraid to say but I'll actually be starting a new series:

Continuing the S..."

Looking forward to it!

message 24: by Elyse (last edited Apr 16, 2019 04:38AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 499 comments I don't think my series books will come into play this week. I'm reading The Stand by Stephen King and also have 3 Overdrive books out plus 5 ARCs to read before the beginning of May. All but one are non series. So I'm bowing out of this 'thon.
I probably won't even get to The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3) by Katherine Arden this week, which is one of my Overdrive books.

message 25: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Heywood (tiffthebooknerd) | 180 comments Mod
Elyse wrote: "I don't think my series books will come into play this week. I'm reading The Stand by Stephen King and also have 3 Overdrive books out plus 5 ARCs to read before the beginning of May. All but o..."

Ahh that's a shame, however good luck with all your reading plans. i do hope you get to them all.

message 26: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 499 comments Tiffany wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I don't think my series books will come into play this week. I'm reading The Stand by Stephen King and also have 3 Overdrive books out plus 5 ARCs to read before the beginning of ..."

Thank you!

message 27: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 24 comments Does it count as a series if only the first book is out, but there will be sequels later? Specifically asking about HALO Battle Born (Battle Born A Halo Young Adult Novel Series #1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke .

Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks)  (dragonsandpaperbacks) | 215 comments It's already the third day of the readathon and I haven't started any of the books I wanted to read yet. I'm not reading much of anything, really.

I'm going to try and start both of the books on my tbr today, though. I might try some reading sprint to get me going or something of the sort, and hopefully, read a lot of pages.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

@Kayla For the readathon, any book/comic book that is part of a series is okay, no matter how many books are out or if it's the first in the series but for the yearly challenge, only finished series count, as the aim is to complete series.

@Rafaela Oh no, I am sorry about that. I hope you just needed a break and are able to now read something, even if it's not the books from your TBR. Every day we try and run some sprints on Twitter, but you do not have Twitter, right?

message 30: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 24 comments Anna wrote: "@Kayla For the readathon, any book/comic book that is part of a series is okay, no matter how many books are out or if it's the first in the series but for the yearly challenge, only finished serie..."

Okay. Thank you for the explanation.

message 31: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments Anna wrote: "Every day we try and run some sprints on Twitter,"

Highly recommended! :)

Rafaela (dragonsandpaperbacks)  (dragonsandpaperbacks) | 215 comments @Anna no, I don't, but I ended up doing well yesterday! I usually just set a timer for an hour and it usually works really well for me

message 33: by Elyse (last edited Apr 18, 2019 04:21AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 499 comments I forgot that this 'thon was for any series so even though this doesn't count towards my overall Series to Finish challenge, I did finish reading The Falconer (The Falconer, #1) by Elizabeth May and I LOVED it! I bought the other 2 in the trilogy for $1.99 each on Kindle the other day and will happily read a whole trilogy within a month or two! I won't be able to start The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2) by Elizabeth May until mid-May though. lol. Even though the first book ends in such a cliffhanger!

message 34: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments 👍🏻😃

message 35: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 24 comments Tomorrow through Sunday, I'll have a lot of reading time. My husband will be at a party all weekend, so I'll have the weekend to myself to read. I plan on finishing my TBR that I have posted above, and hopefully a few more.

message 36: by Ruthsic (new)

Ruthsic | 104 comments Read Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier yesterday. CR: Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red, #2) by Kerstin Gier

message 37: by Ruthsic (new)

Ruthsic | 104 comments Ruthsic wrote: "Read Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier yesterday. CR: Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red, #2) by Kerstin Gier"

BTW, i just found out that they made movies of the entire trilogy? I knew only about the first movie!

message 38: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments Ok, my 4-day holiday has begun so hoping to do a bit more reading these days! Here we go!!

message 39: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 24 comments Susy wrote: "Ok, my 4-day holiday has begun so hoping to do a bit more reading these days! Here we go!!"

Same here. I'm hoping to complete at least 3 books today, but we'll see.

message 40: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments Good luck Kayla! 🤞

message 41: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 24 comments Susy wrote: "Good luck Kayla! 🤞"

Thanks. You too. :)

message 42: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1)

Chameleon (Stephanie Patrick #2) by Mark Burnell Chameleon

Finishing The Shining series (#2) → FINISHED
Doctor Sleep (The Shining, #2) by Stephen King Doctor Sleep

message 43: by Ruthsic (new)

Ruthsic | 104 comments Ruthsic wrote: "Read Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier yesterday. CR: Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red, #2) by Kerstin Gier"

Update:
Finished
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2) by Kerstin Gier
CR:
King of Fools (The Shadow Game, #2) by Amanda Foody

message 44: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments Update:

Chameleon (Stephanie Patrick #2) by Mark Burnell Chameleon → FINISHED

Doctor Sleep (The Shining, #2) by Stephen King Doctor Sleep → FINISHED

message 45: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 499 comments Ruthsic wrote: "Ruthsic wrote: "Read Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier yesterday. CR: Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red, #2) by Kerstin Gier"

BTW, i just found out that they made movies of the entire trilogy? I knew only about the first ..."

I didn't know there were any movies made for this trilogy!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Elyse wrote: "Ruthsic wrote: "Ruthsic wrote: "Read Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier yesterday. CR: Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red, #2) by Kerstin Gier"

BTW, i just found out that they made movies of the entire trilogy? I knew only ..."

I totally forgot about the movies!

message 47: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments Wrap up:

Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1) → 41% read

Chameleon (Stephanie Patrick #2) by Mark Burnell Chameleon → FINISHED

Doctor Sleep (The Shining, #2) by Stephen King Doctor Sleep → FINISHED

message 48: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 24 comments Thanks everyone for a great readathon. I finished 10 books, and 3 series.

message 49: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 211 comments Wow, impressive Kayla!

message 50: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 24 comments Susy wrote: "Wow, impressive Kayla!"

Thank you!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.