Princess, More Tears to Cry Princess, More Tears to Cry question

How many people want to know more about Princess Sultana?
Jean Sasson Jean Aug 28, 2014 07:11AM
Hi! I'm Jean Sasson, the author of PRINCESS, MORE TEARS TO CRY. I met with Princess Sultana in 2013 and we worked together for 3 weeks to get the topics organized that she felt needed bringing to light. Although there is good change in Saudi Arabia, there are still individual girls and women who need help, and have nowhere to turn.

My question is this: Do you still have an interest in Princess Sultana and the lives of girls and women in Saudi Arabia? If so, why? I would like to share your answers with the princess...

Priscilla (last edited Nov 26, 2014 12:48AM ) Nov 26, 2014 12:44AM   0 votes
Jean wrote: "Hi! I'm Jean Sasson, the author of PRINCESS, MORE TEARS TO CRY. I met with Princess Sultana in 2013 and we worked together for 3 weeks to get the topics organized that she felt needed bringing to..."

I wish I could learn more of Princess Sultana and her family. I found Princess on a whim at the age of 13 and it made me realize what a lucky child I was to be born in the US and to have the advantages I had. It made me really appreciate my education and strive to learn as much as I can. It also made me appreciate the fact that if my brothers and I got into a fight we would all be in trouble, and be punished the same. In the time between Prince Sultana's Circle and No More Tears to Cry I have often wonder what has happened in Princess Sultana's life and that of her Sisters and of her children. I try to steer my friends to your books any chance I get. Thank you for your writings. And please thank her for allowing you to share her story with me. It has meant a lot.

Jean wrote: "Hi! I'm Jean Sasson, the author of PRINCESS, MORE TEARS TO CRY. I met with Princess Sultana in 2013 and we worked together for 3 weeks to get the topics organized that she felt needed bringing to..."

Of course I do, I have loved her since reading the book in 2012 ( a bit late). Her stories are what got me reading, in fact. Hats off for Jean aswell for her powerful writing.she is so selfless, she troubles for other people. Who would not be interested in such people?

Yes. Because more then anything. The situation for Princess Sultana's life and the lives of the women and girls of Saudi Arabia is a Human Rights issue. It is something that we mustn't ignore. The stories brought up in Princess Sultanas books. Have as much effect and impact today, as it did back when Princess Sultanas story was first published.

Danielle (last edited Sep 03, 2014 09:09AM ) Sep 03, 2014 09:07AM   0 votes
The Princess is a rare insight into Saudi Arabia, a country with a brutal reputation. It is a country not open for tourism, and even if it were, I would not go. I am a proud woman from the west, and as such I know I can walk the streets of this country in far more safety than I could in Saudi. I imagine it has its own unique beauty, and I use my imagination to envision Sultana's words, but there are far more civil lands that would be worthy of my visits, as I doubt I'd spend a vacation in fear anywhere else.

The Princess has evolved from a passionate, slightly selfish, almost stereotypical princess into a passionate, wise woman whose words I delight in reading. Sometimes I question the authenticity of the books and whether she truly exists a a person rather than a figure for a purpose, but the messages of the books are not lost on me. I like that these books challenge my thinking, teach me of places I'll never see, and remind me of my humanity. They are humbling books and important for one's library.

Jean Sasson Hi Danielle, I'm so glad that you recognize the changes in Princess Sultana's personality and even character has evolved since her teenage years. I ha ...more
Sep 21, 2014 04:56PM

I was introduced to this book by a friend and for a week and a half I was in Princess Sultana's world. I read all four of your books (helps that I have a long commute to work). I love your style of writing to tell her story. It's like she's sitting right across from me telling me her life story and gossiping. I love the tangents. I lover her stories. I care about her life and what happens to her family. I want Ali to be miserable.
I can't get her out of my head. When I hear the news about Saudia Arabia, I think to myself, I wonder what Princess Sultana is doing, what she thinks about this, etc.

Also, I read the Princess books right after I read Infidel (by Ayaan Hirsi Ali). So I read two books back-to back that deal with women's (lack of) rights in Muslim countries. In Infidel, the author blames Islam. In Princess, Princess Sultana never blames Islam, but (rightfully so) blames the men. Which made me curious about the actual religion and I went ahead and bought and read the Koran (seriously. all of it.). My mind has been opened and I'd like to thank your books/Princess Sultana.

Please write more of her stories!!!

I do. I read your books a few years back, at about 13 and I've loved all the books I've read. I would like to know more about her daughters. Each story you narrated is so powerful and I would love to know what is being done about it today.

I really do love books about the Princess.I hope you write some more about her, though it's a bit weird to think of her being a grandmother now.

i have loved Princess Sultana since the first book you wrote about her. She truly is an inspiration for all the women around the world! i would love to read more about every aspect about her life. and of course about AMani since i already see a bit of Princess Sultana in her! i managed to get a review copy of this book and have just post my review! ( you are welcome to drop by my profile and check it out :)) cant wait to read more from you!

Jean Sasson Veena, fabulous -- thank you for telling me.. And, the princess will be very happy. Talk to you later! Jean
Sep 21, 2014 04:57PM