What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Lights, Camera, Amalee
This topic is about Lights, Camera, Amalee
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fiction book about a young teen who makes an educational movie about saving the rainforest [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martha (new) - added it

Martha | 2 comments Hi! I’m trying to remember the title of a book I read a long time ago. I still remember certain plot points, but do not remember the entirety of it. The main points I remember:

- A young girl whose relative (grandmother) passes away. Her relative kept a large, life-sized jar filled to the brim with coins, and she gives it to the girl as an inheritance. The girl goes to the bank with her friends to see how much money was in that jar; it turns out to be more than a few grand saves up.
- The girl has always wanted to try making a movie, so with that money, she decides to make one.
- She decides to create a film about saving the rainforest and saving tree frogs that live in the rainforest (my memory is a little fuzzy on this)
- She interviews several people for her film, including a group of people who practice some type of yoga with poses that remind her of flamingoes (?)
- She has a crush on a guy, but when she sees him with a girlfriend, she is so heartbroken that she recklessly rides her bike down a hill, almost getting hit
- She has a best friend that she’s a little envious of
- She lives with her dad. Don’t remember what happened to her mom (must have passed away too)
- There’s a pregnant character in the book, might be the girl’s teacher who’s named Joyce? She cries easily
- I think the girl might be named Amelia? Amanda?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

message 3: by Martha (new) - added it

Martha | 2 comments Yes! It’s this one! Thank you so much! :)