What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy, young female, people that are animal spirits

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daeva (new)

Daeva | 3 comments Sorry this is going to be vague..

It's a book I read around early 2000s (book could be older though), featured a young female lead in a type of story she becomes involved in a hidden/magic side of the world, I remember something about there being people that were animal spirits, like a raven and fox I think. Some kind of good vs evil or world ending plot. I sort of remember something about a tree, I think there was one on the cover, but not a normal tree. It was a normal modern day setting, girl was just a normal person in the beginning.

Haven't had any luck with google for the last two hours so I hope this might ring some bells for someone. I loved the book when I was younger but my memory is just awful.

message 2: by Bridget (last edited Apr 07, 2019 06:26AM) (new)

Gnome Claire *Wishes she was as cool as Gnome Ann* | 14 comments It's not the best match but The Golden Compass by phillip pullman has a female lead and there are animal spirits.

message 4: by Daeva (new)

Daeva | 3 comments Bridget wrote: "The Golden Compass maybe? or
Obernewtyn?"

No definitely not either of those. The world in the book was very normal, not like a complete different fantasy world going on.

message 6: by Daeva (new)

Daeva | 3 comments Ayshe wrote: "Someplace to Be Flying maybe?"

No, but a really good guess, it looks interesting haha. Thank you.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Daeva ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 195 from six months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 8: by Moira (new)

Moira Mackinnon | 9 comments It sounds like The Dreaming Place, by Charles de Lint.