Polls for Our Souls discussion

Discussion > Homework help

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by zaiyah (last edited Apr 06, 2019 08:54PM) (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) This discussion is for those of us who are still forced to suffer through school. (others can help too) This is NOT people doing your homework for you. It's people giving suggestions, prompts, help etc.

So post if you're having trouble with something.

Susan's Reviews (suel2016) I would perhaps start off by saying:
Known world wide for her role as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movie series, Emma Watson has starred in many other serious dramas. She played Sam in The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Lena in The Colony, Angela Gray in Regression, Mae in The Circle and Belle in Beauty and the Beast.

You could then discuss each of her more serious roles in each of the films mentioned. That would certainly give you lots of material, and you could show that she has a wide range of acting styles and abilities - from comedy and fantasy to horror/thrillers, young adult coming of age roles, taking on a dancing and singing role in Beauty and the Beast, etc. Suspense: not sure how you can build suspense, except by suggesting that Emma Watson seems to be willing to take on difficult roles outside of the normal roles she is known for and is willing to take chances. That's a really hard one for a magazine article, unless you know some gossip about future roles she might be interested in taking on?

I hope this is helpful to you.

message 3: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) Vidusini wrote: "Okayy so we have to make this magazine article about a woman that means a lot to you. I have been assigned with Emma Watson. The teacher requested that we make the article interesting by using Styl..."

I'm just curious, but it says the woman is important to you, but then you said that you'd been assigned Emma Watson...

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 624 comments Vidusini wrote: "Zaiyah wrote: "Vidusini wrote: "Okayy so we have to make this magazine article about a woman that means a lot to you. I have been assigned with Emma Watson. The teacher requested that we make the a..."

that's a really stupid way to assign a topic. It would be so much more fun (and everyone would be much more motivated) if you could write about whoever you want. Good luck though!

message 5: by Pam (new)

Pam Carmichael | 154 comments I agree you should of got the chance of choosing a person important to you, teacher is wrong on this one

message 6: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) Yeah, but what can you do?

message 7: by Karin (last edited Apr 07, 2019 03:56PM) (new)

Karin Pam wrote: "I agree you should of got the chance of choosing a person important to you, teacher is wrong on this one"

Wow, since it's supposed to be about someone important to you, why did the teacher ASSIGN someone to you? This I don't get at all.

BUT, there are times when being given an exact assignment can make things much easier for you.

BUT, don't take someone else's thesis statement and use it! Just borrow from the idea or use it to start, write in your voice, and then revise it. Personally, I suspect that many teachers are tired of always reading about Harry Potter, so I'd go light on that part of it.

What can you learn about her life and what she does outside of acting? Does she support any charitable causes, have hobbies or interests outside of acting? How did she get into acting? My brother is a screen actor and there is a LOT more to people than just their profession!!!!!!

It might be refreshing for her to read a paper that starts with how Emma Watson is most famous for her acting, but you admire something else about her.

Google more than this, but here is a link or two to start you off

Emma Watson as a role model

this is ONE source to start you off in her role in charitable causes https://www.looktothestars.org/celebr...

message 8: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) Vidusini wrote: "Okayy so we have to make this magazine article about a woman that means a lot to you. I have been assigned with Emma Watson. The teacher requested that we make the article interesting by using Styl..."

Emma Watson is also really big in feminism. I don't know if that helps but maybe you could look into it more? Instead of just going off of her acting career.

message 9: by Dilanya (new)

Dilanya Zaiyah wrote: "Vidusini wrote: "Okayy so we have to make this magazine article about a woman that means a lot to you. I have been assigned with Emma Watson. The teacher requested that we make the article interest..."

Okay soooo I did some reason about Emma Watson and she focuses most of her attention on Empowering women and promoting gender equality.
THANK U EVERYONE FOR YOUR MASSIVE HELP. THIS DISCUSSION HELPED ME A LOT.

message 10: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) Glad to be of service.

message 11: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) So, in math, we have to find the surface area of a triangle. You use the entirety of the baseline, right? (Sorry if I ever use some French words in these, I'm in French immersion.)

message 12: by Julia (new)

Julia | 115 comments Zaiyah wrote: "So, in math, we have to find the surface area of a triangle. You use the entirety of the baseline, right? (Sorry if I ever use some French words in these, I'm in French immersion.)"

Is it a triangle (flat) or a 3-D shape like a cone or a pyramid?

message 13: by Julia (new)

Julia | 115 comments It could also be a triangle-based prism.

message 14: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) 2D. Sorry for not specifying.

message 15: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) And I've got the hang of it now, I don't need any help.