Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

Looking for friends!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janna (new)

Janna Xo | 20 comments Hello, I’m Janna! I’m looking for friends on here that share my love of books. Tell me about yourself! 😊

message 2: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Norma Mills | 653 comments Mod
Hi Janna! Welcome to the group! I am one of the Mods here, Norma. I love reading, but I love PNR, UF, and Horror/Crime Thrillers. I love Victorian periods and unless it's one of those Fabio style romance books I will read just about anything except biographies or auto-biographies unless they are really good.

I am 37, have a 16 year old daughter, happily married, work full time as a Lead Admin at a hospital in a very stressful surgical sub-specialty, and I love to read and bing watch Netflix.

message 3: by Janna (new)

Janna Xo | 20 comments Hi Norma! Thank you for sharing- your life seems exciting! I know all about working a stressful job. I’m glad that you can find refuge in books! 😊

message 4: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Norma Mills | 653 comments Mod
More stress than exciting, but thanks! I love my life. I would love it more if I was independently wealthy and lived on an island and did nothing but tan, swim, and read, but you know... life. LOL!

message 5: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new)

Amyiw | 1083 comments Mod
Hey Janna, I'm another MOD. Love UF, PNR, HR, m/m Rom, Scifi erotic, but main stick in the UF/PNR/rom categories. I skip on most YA especially with female protagonist. Your favorites and mine don't mesh, City of Bones, big example. Probably because you started in middle school whereas the closest paranormal middle school book that I had was A Wrinkle in Time, which is quite different. So I got really pulled by PNR/UF later in life. My favorites being Mercy Thompson and Kate Daniel/Hidden Legacies. If you want to expand this direction I would be happy to friend you. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring the request though. I love books but definite have my favorites. There are a lot of YA/NA and I know I posted my favorites from that genre on your other thread.

For getting GR friends, I would look to your favorite books, look at reviews, see which ones you like, and see if they mesh with other books and reviews. You can follow them at first. Also, posting and seeing what others say about books in the reading sections of groups. If you seem to click with someone's comments, send them a friends request.