What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance fiction - American woman raised in children's homes; goes to France to learn French. She is cold and controlling

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Miss C A Blakeston | 2 comments I read a book about25 years ago that i can't remember the author or title. The main character was an American woman called Elizabeth who had been raised in children's homes, went to France to learn to speak French, and became a model. She was very cold and controlled. She inherited huge wealth from her real father. There was a main character called Dev O'Loughlin and a nasty lady called Margery. Elizabeth eventually remembers playing in the colours on the floor made by a stained glass window. Anyone have any idea what it is? I've been scurrying bookshop for years!

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia | 68 comments Can you put some of your description in the title? It will help people to browse through your query and see if they know your book.

Miss C A Blakeston | 2 comments Of course! Could you tell me how i edit it, please?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34317 comments Mod
Miss C A Blakeston wrote: "Of course! Could you tell me how i edit it, please?"

Click the small "edit" link after your topic header. This only works on the full desktop website - not the mobile version or mobile app.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Miss C.A. Blakeston ~~
I'm going to add a few details to your header. The header is important because it attracts more eyes for your post. If it is too generic, it is more likely to be skipped over.
You can change the header by clicking on the small (edit) at the end of the header.

You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 196 from six months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."

message 6: by Rosa (last edited Oct 11, 2019 08:26AM) (new)

message 7: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5074 comments Miss Blakeston?