The YA Book Club discussion

Looking for friends!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janna (new)

Janna Xo | 38 comments Hello! I’m Janna and I’m looking for someone who shares my love of books and to chat with!
Tell me about yourself below! 😊

message 2: by Janna (new)

Janna Xo | 38 comments Yay thanks! 😊

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan (skittyy1) | 3 comments Hi, I'm Megan. Um, I don't really know what to say :p
I'm into all sorts of books, not really one particular genre, whatever catches my eye I guess. I'm just getting back into reading books after a few years break and yeah.. I don't know what else to say haha

message 4: by Janna (new)

Janna Xo | 38 comments Hi Megan!! 😊

message 5: by Bernie (new)

Bernie (Geckoreads) (geckoreads) | 23 comments Janna wrote: "Hello! I’m Janna and I’m looking for someone who shares my love of books and to chat with!
Tell me about yourself below! 😊"

Hey there Janna! Books are my life, and I would love to have a new friend to chat with about all those kind of things! I'll send you a friend request. Where are you from? I am from Chile :)

message 6: by Janna (new)

Janna Xo | 38 comments Hi there!! I’d be happy to be your friend and chat!
I’m from Oklahoma! 😊

message 7: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (bagofbooks) | 175 comments Glad to meet someone new who loves reading as much as we all do. 📖🤓📚📚

message 8: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 214 comments Janna wrote: "Hello! I’m Janna and I’m looking for someone who shares my love of books and to chat with!
Tell me about yourself below! 😊"

Hi Janna! what are your favorite books to read? Me I like to read fantasy, historical fiction, YA, biographies of rock stars, and I read a lot of plays because I'm getting a degree in theatre.

message 9: by Janna (new)

Janna Xo | 38 comments He Janessa! Love your name! 😊
I’m super stinking picky on books! For some reason only YA paranormal, fantasy calls to me. Mainly vampires. Had to have good characters and romance (but not too steamy). I like futuristic fantasy if it’s a good story- like Uglies, Eve and Matched! I’ve never liked medieval stories with dragons, kinds/queens, that kind of thing. I can start a book and if it doesn’t appeal to me within 5 pages I can’t read the rest!
So finding a new book for me is such a struggle!

message 10: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 214 comments Janna wrote: "He Janessa! Love your name! 😊
I’m super stinking picky on books! For some reason only YA paranormal, fantasy calls to me. Mainly vampires. Had to have good characters and romance (but not too steam..."

Thanks!
I guess I'm not too picky about what I read, granted there have been books that have not been to my liking, but if I pick a book I'm at give it a chance. I do seem to enjoy books that are more character-driven and oppose to plot-driven, maybe that's because I like to write stories that are more character-driven.

message 11: by Janna (new)

Janna Xo | 38 comments I feel like I need to expand my horizons on books because it’s getting where I’ve read almost every book that’s my picky style. I did just read Beastly by Alex Flinn and it was good!!

message 12: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 214 comments If you want to friend me and take a look at tons (and I mean tons) of books I have listed, you're more than welcome to:)

message 13: by Janna (new)

Janna Xo | 38 comments Will do! Thank you!

message 14: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 214 comments Janna wrote: "Will do! Thank you!"

You're welcome!

message 15: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 2 comments All my friends outside this app have no interest in books lol. I’m excited to meet people that do!!

message 16: by Ivan (new)

Ivan Yordanov | 2 comments Hello,I am a huge fan of Astrid Lindgren,Selma Lagerlöf ,Marc Twain and Karl May,I love doing sport,reading and writing,even I wrote a novel.I will be glad if we chat :)

message 17: by Annabell (new)

Annabell | 12 comments Janna wrote: "He Janessa! Love your name! 😊
I’m super stinking picky on books! For some reason only YA paranormal, fantasy calls to me. Mainly vampires. Had to have good characters and romance (but not too steam..."

YESSSSS I just finshed reading it and I loved matched and vampire books; okay Twilight yes i adored twilight :)

message 18: by Annabell (new)

Annabell | 12 comments Hey all I'm Annabell I've had this website for almost a year but only just found this. So this is my reading story...

Until about 2 years ago I never read a book and now I can't stop! I love romantic/action/fantasy books filled with excitement, adventure and love. I'd love to discuss books with anyone as no one my age that I know reads and I have so much to say about so many books. If anyone wants to talk I'd love to.

See ya :)

message 19: by lemon (new)

lemon ((cause i'd rather be tested by goddesses)) (makevocaloidgreatagain) if you’re under 18 feel free to be my friend! just please answer my challenge question

message 20: by Pervinca (new)

Pervinca | 2 comments Hey, feel free to send me a request as well! I love reading YA, coming of age, fantasy, mistery and historical fiction. The last book i read was Anne of Windy Poplars, by LM Montgomery, and I'm Currently reading Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer. I would love to meet new people with similar interests and to discover new books!