What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Doomsday/dystopian fiction, lcd counter on front cover, mother explaining to son her story

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine Darling | 2 comments Has been about 10-12 years since I read this book. It was a thick hardback and had an lcd counter on the front, counting up or down. I was so engrossed in the book i read it in a day and got severly sunburnt. Hard to remeber the exact storyline, seemed to be an end of the world situation. Think the mother was in jail for terrorism but had actually been trying to save the world.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33291 comments Mod
Christine, is this book for teens (young adults) or older adults? How old is the son?

Can you tell us more about his parents - their jobs/skills/interests, what did his mother that labelled her a terrorist, who and where is his father, etc.?

What's the time period and location (country/region/big city/small town) of the story?

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine Darling | 2 comments Hi, the book would have been for older adults.

The son would have been late teens possibly just turned 18 or an age where the mother could contact him? I cant for the life of me remember what act the mother commited to be labeled a terrorist. I think they are either communicating my letters or the son is meeting the mother in jail, i cant quite remeber. No idea what happened to the father. Possibly the military has asked the son to try get info from the mum but im not sure.

Time period is a near future. I think people have stopped being able to reproduce, bringing the end of the world near. Location is probably America.

It's so long ago i struggle to remember clearly (and so would love to read it again lol). The cover was the thing that stood out to me the most.

Thanks heaps for any help :)