What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance, second chance. Falls in love with her brother's best friend. She gets pregnant before he leaves. He returns years later, engaged, unaware of secret child.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mystique (new)

Mystique Marline | 4 comments I’m looking for a book where a girl gets pregnant. I think it’s by her brothers best friend but I’m not sure. She ends up losing the baby after she falls down the stairs. The guy that gets her pregnant decided to leave town and the night they say goodbye she accidentally gets pregnant again but she doesn’t tell him. The guy comes back years later and he’s engaged to someone else. The girl has raised her baby and doesn’t tell him the baby is his. He eventually finds out at a hospital because an accident happened and demands to start seeing kid. The guy breaks his engagement because he still loves the girl he got pregnant and she loves him. This is a series. I think there is 2 or 3 books.

message 2: by Mystique (new)

Mystique Marline | 4 comments Bump

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Please note that you can bump your thread every 30 days, not more often because the group is so large.

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennytr) | 175 comments bump

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Mystique is still looking for this and wrote:

"I read a book a few years ago where a girl falls in love with her brothers best friends, they hook up and she ends up getting pregnant...at one point I think she falls down some stairs and loses the baby. I think after she goes to a dance with her brothers best-friend(the guy that got her pregnant) and they hook up again and then he leaves town not knowing he got her pregnant. I few years passes by and the guy who left comes back to town and he’s engaged to a girl he met. He comes back to town for his bestfriends wedding. The first time they see eachother again is at someone’s house, there’s a get together. He later on find out in a hospital that he has a kid with his bestfriends little sister. That’s all I really remember... the guy who left I think went to California and ended up making a lot of money but I’m not 100% about that part. If anybody knows what book I’m talking about please help, I’ve been looking for this book for a long time. It’s basically a big mix of falling in love with your brothers best friend/guy comes home and didn’t know he had a kid... i don’t remember if this is just a standalone or if it is a series.... I do remeber a cover with a really tan women with really blond hair."

message 6: by Kris (last edited Apr 22, 2020 12:36PM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Mystique, can you tell us more about the couple (e.g., their ages, jobs, hobbies, rich or poor, family)? Does she lose the first baby early in the book?

How old is the child now? Girl or boy?

What is the story's time period and location (country, region, well-known city, small town)?

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
I added some plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app.

message 8: by Mystique (new)

Mystique Marline | 4 comments I think they’re middle class... I’m not 100% sure but I think the guy that left and came back was decently rich. He was successful in the living he made when he left