What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Sci-fi novel takes place on another planet; No one is human. Ruler is a queen. Protagonist falls in love with prostitute-like female, provides apartment for her.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book (new)

Book | 2 comments I read this book about 2014-2015. I found it at a Library and can’t remember the title or author. I know the main character is male. The government is somewhat a military style, but men can fight for money or to get to a higher rank. No one is human. This takes place on a non-earth planet and no humans are even mentioned. I can’t remember the name of the planet or the race of the people. I do remember him falling in love with a woman who is basically a prostitue and providing an apartment for her as well as money for school. The ruler is a queen and there is a whole thing with a assination attempt that he stops because his mom is part of the royal guard or something. It might have had a red cover, but not sure.

message 2: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments If the characters aren't human, what do they look like? Are they similar to humans like Vulcans or Klingons, or very different like Wookies or my man Jabba The Hutt?

message 3: by Book (new)

Book | 2 comments I can’t remember exactly. I know they are humanoid and have claws on their hands.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Book ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 194 from six months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Book ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 196 from six months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."