Tracy Grant Book Club discussion

Rannoch Series > What's everyone reading this weekend?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 819 comments Mod
I did manage to read WHO SLAYS THE WICKED last week and really enjoyed (sneaking in way too many reading breaks). This weekend I have galleys of THE GLENISTER PAPERS. Going through galleys always makes it feel more like a "real book."

message 2: by Petra (new)

Petra | 95 comments Copying my comment here from the other thread:

I feel like in Who Slays the Wicked there were no clues to guess and Sebastian figured it out suddenly at the end. That's without re-reading...maybe I'd catch some clues the second time.

Also, I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but did you think there was a loose end (unsolved murder) at the end?

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 819 comments Mod
Petra wrote: "Copying my comment here from the other thread:

I feel like in Who Slays the Wicked there were no clues to guess and Sebastian figured it out suddenly at the end. That's without re-reading...maybe..."

I didn't figure it out, but when I got to the end I realized it fit with cues from the prior book.

I did defintely think there was a loose end deliberately left that I assume she was setting up to return to in a subsequent book...

message 4: by Petra (new)

Petra | 95 comments Tracy wrote: "I did defintely think there was a loose end deliberately left that I assume she was setting up to return to in a subsequent book..."

Yes, that's what I thought too!

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 819 comments Mod
Petra wrote: "Tracy wrote: "I did defintely think there was a loose end deliberately left that I assume she was setting up to return to in a subsequent book..."

Yes, that's what I thought too!"

Which will be interesting...

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Thorpe | 206 comments I put my comments about the book on the other weekend thread as well. I loved the book and was totally surprised at the ending. I think there were clues as the book went along. I agree the unsolved murder seems like a setup to a future book which is interesting as there are only a few characters outside of the main group left...