What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Mine Would Be You (Sweet Home Alabama #1)
This topic is about Mine Would Be You
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. NA/ 2nd chance/cheating contemporary romance; highschool sweethearts that go to college together. One night their group of friends get drunk and H drives, crashes car and one of their best friends die. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cc (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cc | 13 comments The H/h were highschool sweethearts that go to college together. One night their group of friends get drunk and H drives, crashes car and one of their best friends die. H can't take ithe guilt and he pushes heroine away by cheating on her while she is in hospital with a broken leg. She loses her scholarship for playing softball bc her leg will never heal enough to play and she can't afford that college without it. The day she moves out, the hero shows up to help move (he's kinda oblivious bc he's been drinking to numb pain, lol) and she tries to give him back the engagement ring and he says to just keep it or sell it and it really hurts her. I think she becomes a nurse instead of a dr bc she can't afford medical school without that scholarship. Hero escapes prosecution for death of friend bc family is wealthy and manages to buy his way out. Heroines best friend is H sister and years later she gets married and the two lovers meet again at that time. I read it a while ago but cannot remember title or author. Any leads appreciated.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
What year did you read it?
Cover?
Where is it set?

message 3: by Cc (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cc | 13 comments I read it about 2 years ago, I can't remember the cover. I'm thinking it was set in the N West, but I do know the college was in a fairly large city and the h had to go back to the small town where they all went to school so she could afford it with out the scholarship she lost. For some reason a scene is sticking out in my memory, when she drops her best friend off at home, H is there for the wedding and she won't go inside. But as she's backing out of the driveway she notices the curtains twitching and assumes the H is watching her and she backs into the trash cans? mailbox? Something like that, anyway. I believe he owns a motor cycle shop a few hundred miles away. Thanks for your help.

Roseline CD | 63 comments Maybe Mine Would Be You by Danielle Jamie

(Found it via Google search : "second chance" "accident" " his sister" "best friend" "wedding" site:goodreads.com)

message 5: by Cc (last edited Apr 22, 2019 10:47AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cc | 13 comments Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was driving me nuts! I never thought to put the words like that on Google. I appreciate the time you took to do that.🙂 Do I need to let someone know to put it in resolved?

message 6: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Glad you found it, Cc! I'll move this to solved for you.

Roseline CD | 63 comments You're welcome. I'm glad i could help you 😄

message 8: by Cc (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cc | 13 comments Andria wrote: "Glad you found it, Cc! I'll move this to solved for you."

Thank you!

message 9: by Cc (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cc | 13 comments Roseline wrote: "You're welcome. I'm glad i could help you 😄"
You know what the horrible thing is? I had it already on my kindle, ugh, I swear I'm losing my brain the older my kids get (not me getting older, lol) Thanks again 💕

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mine Would Be You (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Danielle Jamie (other topics)