Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > NA POC recommendations

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Senna (new)

Senna (dreamydawn) | 7 comments I have never read an New Adult novel in which the main character is a person of colour and I would love to have some recommendations!!!

message 2: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) N. K. Jemisin books. New Adult Fantasy author

message 3: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Perry | 120 comments I agree with Elyse! I'm currently reading her The Fifth Season novel right now.

The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) by N.K. Jemisin

〰️Beth〰️ (x1f4a0bethx1f4a0) Hi Senna,

Given time I could probably think of more NA contemporary with POC as one of the main characters. This is the list so far. It includes romance, mystery and historical fiction. I have not read all of these, but many are on my TBR.

Let me know if you have questions. I hope this helps your search and finds you an enjoyable new book(s) and new author(s).
💖📚 Happy Reading📚💖
Beth

The Shameless Hour (The Ivy Years, #4) by Sarina Bowen The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Montague Siblings, #1) by Mackenzi Lee The Matchmaker's List by Sonya Lalli
Black Leopard, Red Wolf (The Dark Star Trilogy, #1) by Marlon James Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain, #3) by Kristen Ashley Black Rainbow (Rainbows, #1) by J.J. McAvoy
The V Girl by Mya Robarts The Legacy by Necole Ryse Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Priya in Heels by Ayesha Patel Kindred by Octavia E. Butler Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) by N.K. Jemisin Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel Saga, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
Who Fears Death (Who Fears Death, #1) by Nnedi Okorafor Mistress of the Art of Death (Mistress of the Art of Death, #1) by Ariana Franklin

message 5: by Drakeryn (new)

Drakeryn | 36 comments I don't know about NA specifically, but here are three fantastic adult books with POC leads (first two are fantasy, third is contemporary).

Clockwork Boys (Clocktaur War, #1) by T. Kingfisher The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) by N.K. Jemisin Confessions by Kanae Minato

message 6: by D.T. (new)

message 7: by Bee (new)