Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Flora Segunda (Flora Trilogy #1)
This topic is about Flora Segunda
Best Reads and Recommendations > Has Anyone Read “Flora Segunda”?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia | 118 comments At school, I got a free copy of Flora's Fury by Ysabeau S. Wilce. I discovered later that it is book 3 of 3 for the series. Does anyone know where I might find books 1 and 2? Could you also share a description of the series? What age would enjoy it? Is it worth trying to hunt down books 1 and 2 or should I walk away? Just looking to get some different input. Thanks!

message 2: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 3852 comments That looks like an interesting series! I've never read it, but if you have a Kindle Unlimited account it looks like it's free to read on there.

message 3: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4417 comments Mod
I haven't read it, but I hate when you find out it's not the first in the series later! I always had this problem with Netgalley (though I admit, it's my fault for also not checking on GR if it's a later installment or not).

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia | 118 comments @Tammie: I don't have a kindle, but it's good to know it is out there somewhere!

@Jenna: I wish all books in any series would just have the placement number on the cover... this isn't the first time I have accidentally bought a sequel and had to track down book one. I keep searching all used book stores for copies... even online, all I can find are used copies in "okay condition, with some scribbles." 😉

message 5: by Julia (new)

Julia | 118 comments I ordered book one and two (published in one volume) from Thriftbooks... hoping it arrives in good condition. (It's an American site and I'm shipping to Canada, but I'm sure there will be no problems.)

message 6: by jess (new)

jess (nu6586) | 1715 comments Hi Julia, Ive had this book on my to-read list for years and years. Have NEVER been able to find a used copy in my area! And I hate buying new. When do you plan to read it?

message 7: by Julia (new)

Julia | 118 comments Hi Jess, I'll be starting it in about six weeks. It is expected to arrive at the end of the month, but I will likely still be reading a couple of other books then.

message 8: by Julia (new)

Julia | 118 comments If it helps in your search, here is the GR link to the two-in-one book, Flora Fydraaca: Flora Fyrdraaca
Flora Fyrdraaca by Ysabeau S. Wilce

How did you first hear about the series?

message 9: by jess (new)

jess (nu6586) | 1715 comments I honestly saw “Flora Segunda” on a online book list somewhere for fantasy, even though its meant for young readers (even below YA). Thanks for the link! I’ll have to do some searching.

Bc its so rare (it seems), I dont know if a BR would work well.

message 10: by Julia (new)

Julia | 118 comments No, I didn't think it would make it to a Buddy Read, but I just thought that this group would be a more likely place to find others who might have heard of it. :)

message 11: by Timelord Iain (last edited Apr 09, 2019 09:54PM) (new)

Timelord Iain | 14740 comments Jess wrote: "I honestly saw “Flora Segunda” on a online book list somewhere for fantasy, even though its meant for young readers (even below YA). Thanks for the link! I’ll have to do some searching.

Bc its so ..."

Even tho I barely touch ebooks anymore, I just kinda assume everyone has access to ebooks... AND that everyone has access to the same ebooks as I do on amazon's US store...

Those facts prove false more often than I expect... usually because people prefer the tactile and visual experience of paperbacks and hardbacks and bookshelves...

message 12: by Julia (new)

Julia | 118 comments I do prefer real books (but have had no experience with e-books). I live in the country, in a valley, in an internet dead-zone. Texting means putting my phone in the corner of the kitchen so it has enough signal to send a message. Watching Youtube means searching a video and making a coffee while it loads. And as for Netflix... he he... that's this thing I watch at *other* people's houses!

message 13: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14740 comments The great thing about ebooks is that they take up very little space... the equivalent of a couple seconds of video... so shouldn't be too hard to download

message 14: by Julia (new)

Julia | 118 comments If I had an eReader or a tablet, I would consider them!

message 15: by Julia (new)

Julia | 118 comments Jess wrote: " ..."

Hi Jess, just thought I'd let you know that I got my used copy of book one/two from Thriftbooks, and I'm almost done the first story. I've really enjoyed it so far... it has an interesting take on magic, as well as lots of symbolism, in my opinion. :)

message 16: by jess (new)

jess (nu6586) | 1715 comments Awesome! I will look there!

message 17: by Julia (new)

Julia | 118 comments Look for Flora Fyrdraaca. It has book one and two published together.