Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) Crooked Kingdom question

I haven't read six of crows can i just read crooked kingdom without it?
Yuriyurika Yuriyurika Apr 06, 2019 08:50AM
Well.. i didn't found six of crows in the bookstore and i also thought crooked kingdom is the first book .. so can i just read it without reading six of crows? Will i be able to understand the story?Leigh Bardugo

Definitely not. You get to know the characters so well in the first book and without that knowledge you will have no appreciation or understanding of what is going on in Crooked Kingdom. However, you do not need to read the Grisha trilogy in order to understand this duology.

Bad idea! I highly recomend you read Six of Crows first. Actually it would be great to read the Grisha trilogy first but i didnt and i was fine so that's not as big a deal. So i think you should read Six of Crows first. But if you like, go ahead and confuse yourself and read Crooked Kingdom first.
I hope you enjoy thus duoligy.

If you appreciate character development READ Six Of Crows FIRST

Noooo... you can read Six of crows and crooked kingdom without reading the grishaverse trilogy. However you have to read six of crows before crooked kingdom. It won't make sense otherwise.

Yuriyurika wrote: "Well.. i didn't found six of crows in the bookstore and i also thought crooked kingdom is the first book .. so can i just read it without reading six of crows? Will i be able to understand the stor..."
no.

Kk thank you

Well, actually that's what I did. I accidentally checked out Crooked Kingdom instead of the first book, Six of Crows from my library. It was actually pretty interesting to try and piece together the characters and previous storylines without context. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but it can be done. :)

ABSOLUTELY NOT! You won't be able to appreciate the sheer brilliance of this duology. I know this is a late reply but if anyone in the future is planning this lunacy, please stop right now!

Six of Crows and this novel read like two halves of the same book. This isn't some series you can just read halfway and expect to understand what is going on. There are so many characters with conflicting motivations that if you don't start off reading the first book you'll miss out on all the subtlety and brilliance.

Basically don't ruin it for yourself. READ THE FIRST BOOK.

Not really. You would't understand what's going on and also won't appreciate the whole chemistry and conflicts between the characters.

No

Umm, well, there's no law saying you can't, but you would miss loads of absolutely FABULOUS stuff! I actually love the second book so much I didn't want to give it back to the library!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No. It's a difficult story to follow as it is: starting with book 2 would be extremely confusing,

I know that the question has already been answered a hundred times over, but just to add emphasis: NOOOOOOO. Don't even look at the second without reading the first :)

No, you wouldn't understand anything because Crooked Kingdom starts off where six of crows ended.

Uh uh. There are lots of things that you won't be able to appreciate without reading Six of Crows

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Crooked Kingdom (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Leigh Bardugo (other topics)