#AYEARATHON discussion

April 2019 - ReReads > Reading Day 7 & Wrap Up!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
How Did You're Reading Go This Week?
Did You Do The Instagram/Twitter Challenge?
Did you enjoy this month's Theme?

----
Decided to add this Just In Case:
The Questions/Challenges Will Be for each Month:
1)Read a Book featuring a Birthday or Anniversary.
2)Read a Book with 5 words or Letters in the Title
3)Read a Book Where the last page has a 5 in the number (285. 165, 586 459 etc. etc. etc.)
4) 5 Word summary of a Current or Recent Read.
5) 5th Anniversary is the Wood Anniversary: Read a book with Strong Relationships or that takes place in the Woods

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 40 comments I completed my goal of wanting to reread Harry Potter and the Sorceres Stone as well as Percy Jackson and The Titans Curse. I finished Harry Potter on day 4 and I just finished Percy Jackson last night on day 6

message 3: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments I read How It Feels To Float during the week which featured a birthday as well as I celebrated my birthday lol! It is an ARC that comes out in May I believe that features a questioning LGBT character, dissociative disorder, and ptsd/grieving. Overall it was pretty great and I think I would give it a 3.75 overall.

I didn’t interact during the week as much because I’m also participating in Camp NaNoWriMo so I’ll hopefully interact next month more!

message 4: by ke-sha (new)

Lizzy wrote: "I read How It Feels To Float during the week which featured a birthday as well as I celebrated my birthday lol! It is an ARC that comes out in May I believe that features a questioning LGBT charact..."

Well Happy Birthday!

Good Luck With Camp NaNoWriMo!

message 5: by ke-sha (new)

Ashley wrote: "I completed my goal of wanting to reread Harry Potter and the Sorceres Stone as well as Percy Jackson and The Titans Curse. I finished Harry Potter on day 4 and I just finished Percy Jackson last n..."

Yay! Congrtulations! I want to reread both those series myself just so little itme and so many unread books Lol Im hoping this summer to get a lot of me/reading time!!

message 6: by NoRa (new)

NoRa ke-sha wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I completed my goal of wanting to reread Harry Potter and the Sorceres Stone as well as Percy Jackson and The Titans Curse. I finished Harry Potter on day 4 and I just finished Percy..."

Yea! I wonder how it feels like to reread Percy Jackson after sooo many years!

message 7: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 376 comments I had a horrible weekend at work, I had two incident where I had to call the security to get someone thrown out. the first night I even had to call the police... needless to say sunday was a sulky sleepy night where I worked on my jigsaw and finished The Hate U Give
So booked finished
Vengeful
The Hate U Give
Read a total of 148 pages in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
about 60 pages of The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America
Total 1130 pages. not a bad count but usually I get more read through ayearathon.

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 222 comments Wow, that sounds intense BlurryBug! Hope it all ended well!

message 9: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 376 comments Susy wrote: "Wow, that sounds intense BlurryBug! Hope it all ended well!"

It was too intense and I was glad that my next work shift on the 11th was an easy shift with mostly happy bar customers (nice army guys) and regulars.
Sometimes working in a hotel is hell other times it is awesome. That weekend was just a little hell-ish. Luckily on Tuesday when I went to a debrief with my bosses I had their full support and they were super pleased with how it was sorted out. They even want me to help with the step by step for the new routine for how to handle that kind of customers.

message 10: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 222 comments Glad to hear you have such supportive bosses. You can’t always prevent certain things from happening but support from managers is so important!