What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Horror fiction about a descent into madness

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Hartill | 2 comments This one's really tough to talk about without spoilers so apologies in advance! I read it in about 2014/2015 I think but it was definitely older than that. I think the cover had a shadowy figure on it, it was written by a man, and I think it was American - definitely Western! Mature content with some gorey parts. I think the title had "Monster" or something like that in it. It was pretty disturbing but has been driving me crazy to remember the title, so any help would be amazing! Plot details below.

SPOILERS

It starts off with the male protagonist, who I think works in finance or has some high-pressure corporate job like that, having affairs with married women, and gradually he becomes crazier and more violent, eventually committing murders and (finally) drowning himself at the end.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 117 comments Maybe American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis (sorry, I can’t link on my phone)? I don’t remember Bateman drowning himself at the end, though.

message 3: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Hartill | 2 comments Sadly nope :( But it's definitely similar!

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Stephen ~~
Don't lose hope and stop posting. People have found books after a few years of waiting. I did. It is quite a thrill to find a book when you thought no one would know it!

You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 196 from six months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1476 comments Still looking for this?