Building a SciFi/Fantasy Library discussion

questions > Fantasy Fiction author from South Africa needs reviews

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Fikkert | 3 comments I am new to this site so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong category.

I am an author from South Africa (SA) and I have just launched my book in SA, on the 1st of August, titled Jade and the Serpent's Circle. It is a fantasy fiction novel set in the Cradle of Humankind with a plot based on reverse evolution. I would really appreciate so much if at least 5 international readers would be able to review my book. I will post it to the readers or send a pdf, whichever would be easiest. Both teens and adults have enjoyed the book in SA. The book is loaded on this site for additional information.

message 2: by Bob (new)

Bob What you might like to do is to try Youwriteon.com. It has been set up by the British Arts Council as a way for new authors to get peer reviews and as a way to get them noticed by the industry. Every month Random House and Orion read the top ten most popular submissions to give their feedback on the work. Three authors have managed to get book deals from this. Hope this is useful.
Bob

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Fikkert | 3 comments Bob wrote: "What you might like to do is to try Youwriteon.com. It has been set up by the British Arts Council as a way for new authors to get peer reviews and as a way to get them noticed by the industry. Eve..."

Most useful, thank you Bob :-)

message 4: by Bob (new)

Bob Maggie wrote: "Bob wrote: "What you might like to do is to try Youwriteon.com. It has been set up by the British Arts Council as a way for new authors to get peer reviews and as a way to get them noticed by the i..."

If you want more comment, then you might also look at Writers Wrule or Authonomy, though they aren't as well organised.
Bob

message 5: by Vineet (new)

Vineet (vb2000) | 1 comments Let me know how I can get access to the book. I'm in SA as well.

Cheers,
Vineet

message 6: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Fikkert | 3 comments Dear Vineet, it is already available in Exclusive Books. However I would imagine it depends on the area :-). Let me know where in SA you are. Thanks for the support.

message 7: by Mir (new)

Mir | 31 comments Maggie, Congratulations on your publication! I would be happy to review it for you if you want another North American reader. If you would like to post it to me I will read it and then give it away to someone else who agrees to review it. Let me know and I will send a message with my address.