What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Medieval story about a vain princess or maiden

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (xtori) | 7 comments So I read this book when I was a little girl, so possibly around 2005-2008. It seemed like a really old book, I remember it d had a red cover and the pages were sewn. It also had illustrations.
For what I remember was about a really vain and mean princess or maiden who had a evil spell but I can't remember why but probably because she was too annoying and mean with others. I think she feels in love with a man but rejects him because he was poor. I think he was a Prince and she couldn't recognize him but I'm not sure if it's true.
I can't remember pretty much, but i really want to find it because it was my first book ever.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Victoria Mrak ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 196 from six months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (xtori) | 7 comments Still looking for it :(

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15710 comments Was it a child's novel, or did it seem more like it was intended for teens or adults?

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (xtori) | 7 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Was it a child's novel, or did it seem more like it was intended for teens or adults?"

I don't really think it was a child's novel? I took it from my uncle's library so it was probably for an older audience

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15710 comments So most likely adult fiction?

message 7: by Pixiegirl105 (new)

Pixiegirl105 | 152 comments Maybe The Traveling Companion by Hans Christian Andersen?

http://hca.gilead.org.il/travelng.html

His fairy tales are actually crazy dark.

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (xtori) | 7 comments No, it is not :(

message 9: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1054 comments Probably too much of a stretch, but maybe "King Thrushbeard" by the Brothers Grimm? (I've only read it in collections, but there are a number of stand-alone versions, apparently.) The Reluctant Wife: a King Thrushbeard fairy tale