What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemporary Romance: Main character never leaves house

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Enara (new)

Enara Rodriguez | 4 comments I must have read this book more than 5 years ago (2010-2015) and it's about a girl who goes to work for a wealthy man that never leaves his house because he is agoraphobic. I remember the house to be quite big and maybe referred to be a "tower" but I am not sure.

What I do remember is that every time he would get mad he would play golf inside against a glass window and she would listen to the pounding from her room. The book ends with her leaving on a taxi and glass particles flying everywhere, so I am pretty sure there is at least a second book.

I have been searching for this book on and off for years so if anyone recognizes it I would be extremely thankful!

PS: Excuse my English, it is not my first language.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Apr 06, 2019 07:08PM) (new)

Kris | 32250 comments Mod
Enara, she's romantically involved with the wealthy man? How did he become rich?

What's her job? How did she come to work for this man?

What's the tone - romantic, angsty, funny, steamy/clean, etc.?

What's the time period and location (country/region/big city/small town) of the story?

message 3: by Meghan Rose (new)

Meghan Rose | 23 comments Celestial Navigation, by Anne Tyler, maybe?

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments Celestial Navigation for the link.

message 5: by Enara (new)

Enara Rodriguez | 4 comments Meghan Rose wrote: "Celestial Navigation, by Anne Tyler, maybe?"

No, I am sorry that it's not that one, but I will definitely check it out!

message 6: by Enara (new)

Enara Rodriguez | 4 comments Kris wrote: "Enara, she's romantically involved with the wealthy man? How did he become rich?

What's her job? How did she come to work for this man?

What's the tone - romantic, angsty, funny, steamy/clean, et..."

For what I remember she worked for him as her assistant or maybe she was doing some sort of internship, but I am not sure. And yes, she starts a romantic relationship with him in the book.

The book takes place in a big city (maybe New York?) but as I've said I only remember flashes of the storyline.

message 7: by Enara (new)

Enara Rodriguez | 4 comments Rosa wrote: "Celestial Navigation for the link."

Thanks for the link!

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Enara ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 199 from six months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!