What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fantasy, She always knew fae were dangerous and did her best to avoid them, but when her best friend(sister?) gets taken she'll have to brave the fae court to get her back

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 10 comments It’s within the last 3 years and it's about fae, faerie, fey, fairy (can't remember the spelling). It has a fae prince/king. It's not The Iron Fey series, or and Holly Black series.

message 3: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 10 comments Those aren’t it, but they sound great! I’ll definitely give them a read

message 5: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 10 comments Not those either, the main character was always aware of the dangers of fae. I think she may have had sight also.

message 7: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 10 comments Not those either

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15694 comments I'm stumped!

How old was the girl, teenager or younger child?

Did it take place in modern times, or more in a medieval type of world?

Did you read it as a physical book or e-book?

message 9: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 10 comments The way she talked I’d place her around 18. It wasn’t modern it was a setting similar to A court of Thorns and Roses or Graceling not medieval, just other. It started in her village(town, city?) and she ended up leaving to the court. The fae have glamours and treat humans poorly. I started to read it as an ebook but lost my phones data, along with all my ebooks.

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15694 comments Wicked Lovely?

But I'm not sure anyone was kidnapped.

Do you think this was from a traditional publisher, or could it have been e-book only?

message 11: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 10 comments I’m pretty sure it was a traditional publisher. I first found out about it on my goodreads recommendations. I tried looking all through it but it’s not there anymore. I’m completely stumped

message 13: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 10 comments Sorry, neither of those

message 14: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15694 comments You're positive they were described as fae?

message 15: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (oobridgetoo) | 172 comments Maybe Need by Carrie Jones? I think some guys get kidnapped in that one. Or By Force by Sara Hubbard? I think it may be Adult though. Might jog your memory in the very least. ;)

message 16: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 10 comments Still drawing a blank. I never knew there was so many fae books before I started searching for a single one haha

message 17: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (oobridgetoo) | 172 comments https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4...

https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/fae

May be on one of these lists. Worth a shot, anyways. And fae are crazy popular in YA. So many have the same plot, lol.

message 18: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 10 comments Looked through them both and read the summaries. Still wasn’t there . Thanks for pulling those up for me though

message 19: by Mattie (new)

Mattie | 9 comments Wings? No one is kidnapped though.

message 20: by Hayley (last edited Jun 25, 2019 01:09PM) (new)

Hayley (hayleybat) | 23 comments Could it have been An Enchantment of Ravens? No one is kidnapped, but the main character leaves her home in an old-timey village to go to the faerie court. Her "sisters" are goats that were turned into humans by a faerie. The reason she goes to the court is to paint portraits, not to rescue anyone.

Do you remember what the cover looked like? How were the humans mistreated?

message 21: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 10 comments I can’t remember the cover, but the humans were treated as lesser beings. Servants to serve whatever the fae wanted

message 22: by Jamie (new)

message 23: by Leah (new)

Leah (gnowhael) | 45 comments Major guess here, but Chime? Although I don't remember a royal fae court there.

message 24: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanie_meyers) | 50 comments The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long?

message 26: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (british-teacup) | 12 comments My guess is An Enchantment of Ravens like Hayley said. Sounds similar :)

message 27: by STU (new)

STU | 51 comments Beauty by Sheri Tepper?

message 28: by Anna (new)

Anna (nocturnalbookworm) | 13 comments Maybe the Wicked Lovely Series by Marissa Marr. Someone kind of gets kidnapped in the second book.

message 30: by Audrey (new)

Audrey | 106 comments Are you sure it was a book? This reminds me of the short story Goblin Fruit by Laini Taylor. It's about a girl named Kizzy who reminisces of her grandmother, who rescued her sister from faeries. Kizzy herself, despite knowing better, is seduced by a faerie.
I'm also reminded of Lament and Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater.

message 31: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (oobridgetoo) | 172 comments Maybe The Cruel Prince by Holly Black? Don’t think it quite matches your description, but it’s worth mentioning. 🤷🏼‍♀️

message 32: by Allison (new)

Allison (alianora) | 99 comments The plot sounds possibly like The Perilous Gard, only it's not her sister who is taken. It's also older than three years but I figured I would mention it.

Venus of the Snakes | 3 comments Was there a character called Ghost in it? who makes her shoot someone(something?) with a crossbow? I just read this description on a book in a shop and dont remember the name...

message 35: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (hayleybat) | 23 comments Venus of the Snakes--that is Cruel Prince by Holly Black

message 36: by Anna (new)

Anna | 518 comments Tithe by Holly Black? It's a part of an older series than Cruel Prince but it's set in the same universe.