Stephen King 2021 read-along discussion

Needful Things
This topic is about Needful Things
April Discussions 2019 > April Showers brings Needful Things

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 166 comments Mod
Hello all. I apologize for my late update to this group discussion. I just got home from camping in the desert for a week. We had no service while in Joshua Tree, but the views were breathtaking.

This month we are reading the book Needful Things. A book that I read back in high school and I can't wait to start again this month. I will be listening to it on audio like normal. The last time I read this book the store were Needful Things creeped me out. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about Castle Rock, the store and it's weird and creepy owner and the kid that must save the day.

There is a movie for this book with the same title that came out in 1993. It stars Max Von Sydow, Ed Harris (one of my faves *must watch The Abyss*), Bonnie Bedelia and J.T. Walsh. I haven't seen the movie so I'm definitely looking forward to watching it after reading the book.

Let me know what you all think :D

message 2: by Chelley (new)

Chelley Marie | 144 comments I think I will watch movie after book also

Ashley Smith | 157 comments Mod
Such an underrated book and movie in my opinion. I love both!

message 4: by Chelley (new)

Chelley Marie | 144 comments I’m so far behind on my reading😏how’s everyone else doing?

message 5: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney (kcirdnekc) | 2 comments Very behind, haven't started... hopefully I can catch up!

message 6: by Chelley (new)

Chelley Marie | 144 comments Courtney im with ya on being behind

message 7: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie (goodreadscomrumbelle517) | 10 comments I'm close to chapter six, but I brought this with me to my sister's, before I joined this group. I'm reading it for Tome Topple too.

message 8: by Vanessa Grimes (new)

Vanessa Grimes | 5 comments I moved this month so didn't get to it. Maybe I can catch up next month.

I'm in the same boat guys. This book is a chunker! I'm currently in the middle of chapter 8. Don't feel like you guys have to finish by the end of the month. These read alongs are for the love of King :D Take your time. This is a re-read for me, but I'm so happy I'm re-reading it. After 20 years facts are foggy. I forgot most of the book the first go round. I just knew the main plot points lol.

Btw... Insomnia is a chunker too. I am hoping by the time we get to summer I'll be able to catch up on Everything's Eventual and anything else I'm behind on. I only read half of Everything's Eventual.

message 10: by Chelley (new)

Chelley Marie | 144 comments Yea I agree most of his books r so long lol but it’s so good. So in between mom wife life and new puppy life I read lol

Ashley Smith | 157 comments Mod
I feel you guys. I'm only reading the ones I haven't gotten to yet so I don't get burned out. And if it wasn't for audiobooks I'd be drowning, lol. I'm glad that I'm getting to read King books that I probably wouldn't have picked up right away with this group though :)

Ashley wrote: "I feel you guys. I'm only reading the ones I haven't gotten to yet so I don't get burned out. And if it wasn't for audiobooks I'd be drowning, lol. I'm glad that I'm getting to read King books that..."

Thanks Ashley for participating. I hear you on the audio books. The only way I'm getting through my King reads because of their massive size.