Loosely Bound Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanthereader5) | 67 comments Mod
This topic is for spoiler talk for chapters 1-9 ONLY. Don't read the comments unless you've read all the chapters or else you will be spoiled.

Also, DO NOT post about events that happen after these chapters. You will have two warnings, if it happens a third time, you're out of the group.

message 2: by Ioana (new)

Ioana (userioana) | 4 comments Hi! I'm new here, this is the first book I'm reading with you.
I love the story so far, I like how the curse is slowly unfolding, and I'm on board with the characters. I like Rhen's perspective more than Harper's I belive. The idea behind Harper's character is great, but I can't wrap my head around how she's written. It might be a personal thing, or the fault of the way she describes things. Her beautiful artsy observations don't help me believe in her being frightened. That would be the single flaw, anyway, not relevant enough.
This book reads so fast, I read 75 pages in a blink..
I wish to find out more about Grey in the next chapter, I think he's that side character you end up liking more than the main characters haha!

message 3: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Crawford (kylies_nook) | 5 comments I love the unique take on Beauty and the Beast, but tropes are cropping up that I’ve read ten too many times.

Harper is great when she’s talking about her family or her life or her surgeries/physical limitations, and I appreciate her escape attempts, but home-girl is stupid. Or maybe just “lacking intuition.” I also HATE the “she’s not like OTHER girls (ew, hate those other girls)” trope. She’s kind of an asshole any time she interacts with Grey or Rhen.

The author may not have intended it, but Grey is the much more interesting character, and he’s got more banter-chemistry with Harper so far. It’s HILARIOUS.

Lol I love the thought of Grey (my favorite character) and Harper falling in love accidentally, and it being super awkward around the castle because they’re all trapped there together. The middle of the story is Rhen just sadly watching them fall in love while time slowly runs out, because the heart wants what it wants, and at the end they decide to try and keep Rhen as a monster-pet.

Rhen is okay, but so far he’s a Mary Sue (what’s the male version of that? Bart Sue?). The author left him pretty blank which has left me enjoying Grey far more, because who wants to read about a blank piece of paper?

Ps: just realized I read to Ch 10 for this, but I didn’t spoil anything from it I believe.