What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Set in Tours, France

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Violetta (new)

Violetta (lostinxanadu) | 8 comments I have a patron who is looking for a book (fiction or non-fiction) set in Tours, France. Specifically Tours, France. Mostly what I have come up with is associated with Loire Valley, but nothing specific about Tours.

Any suggestions?

message 2: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Apr 05, 2019 04:44PM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1582 comments Are you looking for a specific book, or for any book that's about or set in Tours?

The "Suggest books for me" folder is for people who want to read a certain type of book, and are looking for recommendations. (For example: I really loved Black Beauty; can you recommend other books told from the POV of a horse?).

The "UNSOLVED: One specific book" folder is for people who have a specific book in mind. (For example: Can you help me find a children's chapter book, read in the 1970s, told from the point of view of a London hansom cab horse?).

message 3: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments It sounds like she's asking for suggestions.

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments The Vicar of Tours is set there.

message 5: by Rosa (last edited Apr 05, 2019 06:09PM) (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments The Giant Scissors appears to be set at least partly in Tours. The Saracen Steed is about the Battle of Tours.

message 6: by Rosa (last edited Apr 05, 2019 06:24PM) (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments French Leave sounds good. Grand Cru Heist is set around there.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Moving to Suggest Books for Me.