Houston County Public Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Club Group Read Nominations > Coffee Chat May 2019

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise (last edited Apr 05, 2019 12:52PM) (new)

Denise | 60 comments Mod
Coffee Chat (Adult Book Club): Please nominate the book you would like the group to read for May. For this first book, all genres are open. Please keep in mind that the book should not be incredibly long because we only have one month to read it. You can either nominate or second a book, but you cannot do BOTH. All nominations and seconds should be in by April 12th. The polls will be open until April 19th. That will leave a week to get the book. Please remember that the Houston County Public Library participates in the Inter-Library Loan Program if you need to order the book. The R.E.A.D.S. program (www.reads.lib.overdrive.com) is also available for digital books.

message 2: by Robbie (new)

Robbie | 1 comments I nominate Tangerine

message 3: by TRenee (new)

TRenee | 99 comments Mod
In honor of Mother's Day being in May, I would like to nominate Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou

message 4: by Denise (new)

Denise | 60 comments Mod
I second Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou.

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 2 comments Coffee Chat does not focus on one book for all of its participants, it is a different kind of book club, where individuals bring whatever they are reading at the time.

My recommendation is Book 1 of the KGI Series by Maya Banks.

message 6: by TRenee (last edited Apr 09, 2019 02:16PM) (new)

TRenee | 99 comments Mod
Thanks for clarifying this discrepancy, Sharon...I didn't think to include it earlier.
While our in-person Coffee Chat club does not have a monthly group read, we thought it would be nice to incorporate one here for individuals who enjoy doing them in their other book clubs.
While we encourage everyone to give it go, participation is completely optional :)

These are great nominations so far!
Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou Seconded
Tangerine by Christine Mangan Tangerine by Christine Mangan
The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1) by Maya Banks The Darkest Hour by Maya Banks
The Last Magician (The Last Magician, #1) by Lisa Maxwell The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell

message 8: by TRenee (new)

TRenee | 99 comments Mod
Thanks for the nomination...I updated the list :)

message 9: by TRenee (new)

TRenee | 99 comments Mod
Thanks to everyone who nominated and/or voted in our first Group Read poll!

Our winner is: Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou Letter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou

We have a physical copy at the Library. There is an eBook & audio version available on READS. We can also put in an ILL request to get a copy if anyone would like.

The discussion thread will be posted by May 1st...We're looking forward to sharing a read with everyone :)

message 10: by Denise (new)

Denise | 60 comments Mod
I'm excited to read this one!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.