Book Haven discussion

Dead Discussions > Goodreads=Procrastination

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
LOL Does anyone else use Goodreads as an excuse to procrastinate, or to just...ignore life?

Whenever I have to do something that I am not excited about, I find myself on Goodreads! I also find myself on here when I should be going to bed. Ha! It's my favorite excuse to ignore cleaning, assignments(college), cooking, and many of life's problems.

I LOVE GOODREADS!!!! LOL

message 2: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 286 comments HaHaHa RAOFL. I'm on here all the time! either updating my shelves, finding new books, mooching thru other peoples shelves, viewing authors websites/blogs. Nothing ever gets done in the house/garden, we are invariably late for every social activity, no one else gets chance to use the computer, Oh and I'm now always later into work then I want to be.

message 3: by new_user (new)

new_user Yes, definitely. Best distraction ever.

message 4: by J.D. (new)

Adrienne wrote: "HaHaHa RAOFL. I'm on here all the time! either updating my shelves, finding new books, mooching thru other peoples shelves, viewing authors websites/blogs. Nothing ever gets done in the house/garde..."

I'm very lucky that we have two computers. I'd never get a chance to go on GR if we didn't, because my husband is on our desktop ALL the time! That would be very sad...(sigh)
I'm actually currently using GR as a distraction right now. I should be in bed, or writing an essay for my Psych course...but I'm not. LOL At least I sort of wrote my outline for my essay...

message 5: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 778 comments We have 2 computers at home, too. We're both computer hogs so it's nice to have the extra computer. And I'm at work right now on goodreads. It's 9am on a Sunday. I shouldn't have to do real work! And it's a good thing I have an iPhone because of noticed that websites that seem to be popular or used a lot tend to get blocked on the work computers.

message 6: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 452 comments Goodreads is a good distraction. I should be doing some housework right now but here I am instead. I do try to limit my time on here so my housework will eventually get done!

message 7: by Patti (new)

Patti (bkwmn1992) Oh yeah, an excellent distraction :). Thank goodness it's work-related for me--I'm a librarian :)! I check it most often when I'm on desk, and I don't have a patron. But today I've been surfing it quite a bit. Kinda defeats its own purpose sometimes tho--we should be _reading_ instead of surfing here :)!

message 8: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) I don't have the internet at home except on my moto q...and its hard to type on this thing when the letters are SO small. I tend to use GR at work...when I should be working.
I discovered something horrible at the library...GR was BLOCKED! I had a chat with my librarian about that lol. I'm hoping the library I'm moving close to has access...or I just get the internet at home!!

message 9: by Roseann (new)

Roseann | 38 comments I start classes tomorrow, we'll see.

message 10: by J.D. (new)

Elvia wrote: "I don't have the internet at home except on my moto q...and its hard to type on this thing when the letters are SO small. I tend to use GR at work...when I should be working.
I discovered someth..."

Really? That surprises me! You'd think that since the whole purpose of GR is books...a library would want everyone to go on it. I'd get very irritated if I found out mine blocked the site...When are you moving?

message 11: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) That is what I told my librarian!!! It's a BOOK website...all about books! Why can't I access it at a LIBRARY for goodness sakes?!
We start moving tonight thru the rest of the week. We are hoping to spend the night there Wednesday night. I go to the library tonight after the open house for kids school. As soon as I get my new card I'm going to update my request list with the first 20 or so from my GR to-read list! lol They will love me at this new library!

I'm hoping we either get the internet at home or get a laptop to use at local wifi areas so I can access my GR!!

message 12: by J.D. (new)

Elvia wrote: "That is what I told my librarian!!! It's a BOOK website...all about books! Why can't I access it at a LIBRARY for goodness sakes?!
We start moving tonight thru the rest of the week. We are hop..."

LOL I wouldnt be able to live without the internet. I'm not sure about your area, but...if you have your land line with At&t...you can get high speed internet for $15 a month...

message 13: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) I went to my "new" local library and I can access GR from there!!! YAY!!! I told my husband I wanted to get a landline so we could get those free aol cds for a few months just for SOMETHING. I am starting to neglect my actual job because I spend so much time online. lol