READ 100+ BOOKS A YEAR discussion

2019 Challenges > April 2019 challenge

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 120 comments Mod
Sorry I'm late again. I've been doing some pre-op testing and doctor appointments but I've been reading and enjoying it again. So onto April's challenges.

1. Read a book whose author's surname begins with V.
2. Flowers are beginning to bloom so read a book with flowers on the cover.
3. Read a book about animals.
4. Read a play.
5. April 9 is National Library Worker's Day and April 23 is World Book Day so read a book about books.
6. April is National Poetry Month so read a book of poetry.
7. National Beer Day is April 7 and National Pretzel Day is April 26 so read a book with food on the cover.
8. Read a historical fiction novel.
9. Your Choice.

message 2: by Sheila (last edited May 20, 2019 04:16PM) (new)

Sheila | 120 comments Mod
Here's my list for April:

6/9, 9 book

1. Read a book whose author's surname begins with V.
2. Flowers are beginning to bloom so read a book with flowers on the cover--Killer in Crinolines by Duffy Brown--finished 4/20/19 Killer in Crinolines (Consignment Shop Mystery #2) by Duffy Brown .
3. Read a book about animals.
4. Read a play--In the Next Room or the Vibrator Play by Sarah Ruhl--finished 4/22/19. In the Next Room, or the vibrator play by Sarah Ruhl
5. April 9 is National Library Worker's Day and April 23 is World Book Day so read a book about books--The Book That Matters Most by Ann Hood--finished 4/8/19 The Book That Matters Most by Ann Hood .
6. April is National Poetry Month so read a book of poetry.
7. National Beer Day is April 7 and National Pretzel Day is April 26 so read a book with food on the cover--Plus Size Heart by Lisa Anderson--finished 4/8/19 Plus Size Heart A story of life, love and cake by Lisa Anderson .
8. Read a historical fiction novel--The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See--finished 4/3/19 The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See .
9. Your Choice--The Other Lady Vanishes by Amanda Quick--finished 4/6/19 The Other Lady Vanishes by Amanda Quick .

BONUS:

Innocent in Death by J. D. Robb--finished 4/7/19 Innocent in Death (In Death, #24) by J.D. Robb
The Lost Prince by Edward Lazellari--finished 4/15/19 The Lost Prince (Guardians of Aandor, #2) by Edward Lazellari
Educated by Tara Westover--finished 4/17/19 Educated by Tara Westover