Challenge Corner discussion

The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1)
This topic is about The Eye of the World
Let's Buddy! - Series > The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan - Starting April 5th 2019

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Felicia | 14751 comments Mod
The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.

Anna | 427 comments The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan

p. 203: (view spoiler)

p. 300: (view spoiler)

Anna | 427 comments The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan

p. 483: (view spoiler)

message 4: by Anna (last edited Apr 18, 2019 09:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ze End!: (view spoiler)

Saige (lannister807) | 1323 comments Hey, sorry I haven't been on here! I'm gonna speed read the first book again to refresh myself, so I'll be here for discussions asap!

Anna | 427 comments Saige wrote: "Hey, sorry I haven't been on here! I'm gonna speed read the first book again to refresh myself, so I'll be here for discussions asap!"

no worries! I’m looking forward to seeing what your thoughts are so far with the series 😊😊

Saige (lannister807) | 1323 comments 6%- OMG, I figured out why this series was confusing me so much! I read the prequel "New Spring", thinking that it was the first book in the series. Oof. Anyway, I'm reading "The Eye of the World" now, like I should have from the start, lol. I like how the village seems to be holding itself together even in the tough times-competent governing in books is always nice. Rand is pretty cool so far, although he's definitely still young and naive. I'm excited to see how he develops.

Anna | 427 comments Saige wrote: "6%- OMG, I figured out why this series was confusing me so much! I read the prequel "New Spring", thinking that it was the first book in the series. Oof. Anyway, I'm reading "The Eye of the World" ..."

Oh my word, no wonder it was so confusing! I read somewhere that the reading order puts New Spring after the 10th book of the Wheel of Time series 🙈 I’m glad you’re back on track with the series though and definitely agree with Rand’s youth and naivety.

Saige (lannister807) | 1323 comments 12%: spoiler: (view spoiler)

Saige (lannister807) | 1323 comments 38%: (view spoiler)

Saige (lannister807) | 1323 comments 100%- (view spoiler)

message 12: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna | 427 comments will start The Great Hunt in the next couple of weeks! Wanted to keep this buddy thread alive :)

Saige (lannister807) | 1323 comments Cool! Let me know when you're starting, I'll read it at the same time so we can actually discuss

message 14: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna | 427 comments Saige wrote: "Cool! Let me know when you're starting, I'll read it at the same time so we can actually discuss"

Hi! sorry it’s been so long, been in a bit of a reading slump 😢 any chance you’re good to go for a buddy read of The Great Hunt from July 4th? ⭐️

Saige (lannister807) | 1323 comments Anna wrote: "Saige wrote: "Cool! Let me know when you're starting, I'll read it at the same time so we can actually discuss"

Hi! sorry it’s been so long, been in a bit of a reading slump 😢 any chance you’re go..."

Yeah! I can start then

Saige (lannister807) | 1323 comments Yo, is this chat still alive?

message 17: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna | 427 comments Saige wrote: "Yo, is this chat still alive?"
I’m so sorry, I wish it was but I’ve literally had no time to read lately which has majorly sucked 😭 all I’ve been able to fit in have been those really quick contemporary romances and definitely haven’t made sufficient time for a series like this!! Maybe in a couple months once my internship is over but I won’t have time in the immediate future :(

Saige (lannister807) | 1323 comments That's ok! I totally get how much life can get in the way of reading long ones like this. If you ever want to hop back on this one, just shoot me a message :)