David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

One Word Kill (Impossible Times, #1)
This topic is about One Word Kill
Buddy Reads! > One Word Kill

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - added it

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
David, Karen and I are doing a buddy read of One Word Kill (Impossible Times, #1) by Mark Lawrence starting right now! Everyone is welcome to join!

There are no set chapters per day, we just read at our own paces and start each post with how far along you are, i.e., Chapter #, %, using spoilers where needed. Have fun!

message 2: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10712 comments Mod
Wow, awesome! It’s been TOO long. I’m starting the read tonight. I’ll be slow but steady!

Nancy (paper_addict) | 870 comments I just got this a few days ago. I’ll try to join in.

Karen’s Library | 11277 comments Mod
Awesome!!! I'll probably be slower than normal, but I'll get there!! Nice to be back with all my buds again! Woot!

Nancy (paper_addict) | 870 comments I am not sure when I will start but I plan to join you guys. Hopefully next week. I was assigned to read Dune (in another group we have a Bossy Book Challenge and my partner gave me Dune). I started last night.

message 6: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

No problem, I will get a head start so I don't fall too far behind y'all. I'm around 8% in and have no clue where this is going.

David wrote: "No problem, I will get a head start so I don't fall too far behind y'all. I'm around 8% in and have no clue where this is going."

Well, I'm at 15% and still no clue as to what's going on. Chemo and D&D. 😐

Nancy wrote: "I am not sure when I will start but I plan to join you guys. Hopefully next week. I was assigned to read Dune (in another group we have a Bossy Book Challenge and my partner gave me..."

I'm doing a binge of the Dune books right now on audiobook. It's my gazillionth time reading these. 😬

Nancy (paper_addict) | 870 comments Karen’s Library wrote: "Nancy wrote: "I am not sure when I will start but I plan to join you guys. Hopefully next week. I was assigned to read Dune (in another group we have a Bossy Book Challenge and my p..."

I noticed that on Instagram.

message 10: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - added it

I'm up to 18% and things just got a lot weirder! The synopsis says this is like D&D meets Stranger Things. I've never watched Stranger Things, though, so I have no idea. But I'm expecting strangeness LOL!

35% in and holy schnikes, this just got to the really good stuff. Actually, I was enjoying the D&D and the science, but now... mind blown!!

message 12: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - added it

Karen’s Library wrote: "35% in and holy schnikes, this just got to the really good stuff. Actually, I was enjoying the D&D and the science, but now... mind blown!!"

YAY! Sounds promising then :)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 870 comments Can’t wait to read this!

message 14: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Wow, not I'm REALLY interested to get further along. Stuck at 12%.

It got interesting at about 18%, but big cool twist at 35%. 👍🏻

Nancy (paper_addict) | 870 comments I’m so behind in my reading.....ugh....

Patricia Hamill (patricia_hamill) | 1 comments I literally just read this and saw the group was buddy reading! I thought it was an interesting story.

Nancy wrote: "I’m so behind in my reading.....ugh...."

Me too!!! Tooooooo many hours of work. I can only read for a short time and have to switch to an audiobook. My brain is fried.

I'm still at 35%. 😳

Patricia wrote: "I literally just read this and saw the group was buddy reading! I thought it was an interesting story."

That's a good way to describe it so far... Interesting. 😬

I'm at 80% and really enjoying this one. I sure as heck didn't see that this was a (view spoiler)

I'm getting a kick out of their D&D game!! I've never played but could see myself being addicted if I had played as a kid/teen.

The math and science is fun. Nancy, I think you'd like this one.

message 21: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Sorry, it's been a while since I checked in but I've been plodding along, currently at around the halfway point. I'm really enjoying watching this story develop. Complex characters and a cool SciFi twist. Oh the paradoxes! I look forward to reading your big twist/spoiler, Karen, just as soon as I catch up :)

message 22: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Patricia wrote: "I literally just read this and saw the group was buddy reading! I thought it was an interesting story."

Awesome! Once we finish, feel free to chime in with your more detailed thoughts or you can add some hidden spoilers now that we can read later :)

David wrote: "Sorry, it's been a while since I checked in but I've been plodding along, currently at around the halfway point. I'm really enjoying watching this story develop. Complex characters and a cool SciFi..."

David, you can read the spoiler if you're halfway through. It's happened by then.

I just finished and overall, this was a quick fun read. I really liked Nick and Mia. The parts about Nick dealing with his cancer were hard to read. I see this is book 1 of a trilogy, so I'm interested to see where this story goes.

message 25: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (last edited Apr 23, 2019 10:57PM) (new)

Karen’s Library wrote: "David wrote: "Sorry, it's been a while since I checked in but I've been plodding along, currently at around the halfway point. I'm really enjoying watching this story develop. Complex characters an..."

Ha! Just read it. Yeah, I had the same reaction. Those things always confuse me which is why I could never write this kind of book. But I like to read them! Glad you liked it KB :)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 870 comments I am starting tonight! I haven’t read any spoilers. I saw David mention paradoxes. I have completely forgotten what the blurb said about this book. Paradoxes has me super excited though!

message 27: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Excellent! You'll probably catch up to me, I'm still stuck at 65%.

Nancy (paper_addict) | 870 comments I stopped last night after finishing ch 6. The first few chapters were slow and it finally got interesting after Nick met Demus.

message 29: by Nancy (last edited May 08, 2019 09:07PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nancy (paper_addict) | 870 comments I’m finished....

I have some questions.....(view spoiler)

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dune (other topics)
One Word Kill (other topics)