Pirates of the Caribbean: Edge of the Map discussion

Communication > Chat Room

Comments Showing 1-50 of 225 (225 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) | 87 comments Mod
This is the center of communication here.

message 2: by Xander, Starch Beard (new)

Xander Mizuki (xandermizuki) | 160 comments Mod
I can see the memes on the horizon cap´n!

message 3: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

Hey, man

message 4: by Xander, Starch Beard (new)

sup

message 5: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

THe ceiling. I'm working on Jack's bastard son

message 6: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

Sup

message 7: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

Sure, the Scorned Woman needs a first mate and the rest of the crew

message 8: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (last edited Apr 05, 2019 09:16AM) (new)

Seeing as they're kids, I don't think either of them would be first mate.

Is Cole the first mate? (The younger one is a kid, so I doubt she'd be in that position

message 9: by Xander, Starch Beard (new)

Tis high time the Revanant set sail.

message 10: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

Hell hath no fury like the Scorned Woman

message 11: by ѕolanιne (new)

ѕolanιne | 32 comments Sup folks, back at it again with the roleplays.

message 12: by Xander, Starch Beard (new)

Yeppers!

Also Jon, did you delete the metroid group? It isn´t showing up for me.

message 13: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

Yes, I deleted Metroid. No one was doing anything, it was a dead group.

message 14: by ѕolanιne (new)

ѕolanιne | 32 comments Yikes, yeah my group is a lil dead, but I've got a few active people, creating my character as I type.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

*Deep Breath*

I'm very much restraining myself from asking to make a Jack Sparrow kid because I'm not on often and it should go to someone who can probably find the time to make the character and roleplay with them.

message 16: by ѕolanιne (new)

ѕolanιne | 32 comments OOF

I get that.

message 17: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

I'm sure Jank can pick up the slack, Yuki, it's alright.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm fine with not having a Jacksparrow claim. I already have 4 characters stacked up to make for this anyways.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

My children need to be apart of a crew but i don't feel like making my own..

message 20: by Xander, Starch Beard (new)

My ship needs crew members.

message 21: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

Both our ships need crew. And I'm considering writing a crack fic

message 22: by ѕolanιne (last edited Apr 08, 2019 09:59AM) (new)

ѕolanιne | 32 comments Gwen I feel would be good for Jank's crew or Michael's, she'd be fitting and could honestly keep them in check with how much she's known for fighting, despite being a woman.

message 23: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

I've got two crew members, so if you and Xan want to go together on this one I'm cool with that.

message 24: by Xander, Starch Beard (new)

Fine by me. Gwen is welcome aboard the Revenant.

message 25: by ѕolanιne (new)

ѕolanιne | 32 comments Rad, well I can add that to her history and affiliations

message 26: by Xander, Starch Beard (new)

Alright, I´ll add Gwen under the Revenant´s first mate.

Did you read the curse on the Revenant?

message 27: by ѕolanιne (new)

ѕolanιne | 32 comments Xander wrote: "Alright, I´ll add Gwen under the Revenant´s first mate.

Did you read the curse on the Revenant?"

I did yes, honestly Gwen would probably not mind the curse knowing her she'd use it in a fight.

message 28: by Xander, Starch Beard (new)

True enough

message 29: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 131 comments Mod
Shade and Sweet Water

message 30: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

Weohnoto waise ilia

message 31: by Priscilla (new)

Be Bless

message 32: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

How ya been Priscilla.

message 33: by Priscilla (new)

Ok, I guess. Busy.... I have so much to do and not enough time to do it...

How are things your way?

message 34: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

I just got royally spartan-kicked in the brainchildren.

message 35: by Priscilla (new)

Why?

message 36: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

I'm on this writing forum where we mostly bounce ideas off each other and give critique and all that jazz, and I put up one of my concepts to see how it was received. Here's what I posted:

"A bit of background for this;

The world has been flooded by melting glaciers. When humans realized we couldn't stop it, we began developing technology to deal with it. There is very little land remaining, and only the wealthy can afford to live on it. Most of humanity lives in floating communities ranging from artificial floating islands to a collection of houseboats tied together.
The concept of individual nations has been completely erased. There is nothing to fight over anymore, and we have bigger problems than whether or not North Korea has nuclear weaponry. With a new world comes new threats. THe creatures of the sea have evolved and changed since the icecaps melted. Creatures like the Kraken are now very real threats that humanity must deal with.
Enter the Guard. THe Guard is a global psuedo-military taskforce based on an island that used to be a part of the US (Old world maps have either been lost to the floods or replaced by newer maps to accurately show the world as is.) The Guard employ superior technology to protect humanity from the things that might destroy it, from sea monsters to pirates, you name it, the Guard is supposed to deal with it.
The signature weapon of the Guard is a polymorphic weapon called a Khrikar'ra, which is essentially a sentient mixture of the Marvel symbiote, tech, and the human mind.
The Khrikar'ra are alien technology, a sort of living weapon that humans have essentially domesticated over the few thousand years since they discovered the thing. They reproduce asexually, and they choose a host to serve, drawing from the host's body for nutrients in exchange for doing whatever the host needs, granting heightened physical abilities and senses, however at the same time causing the host to literally eat for two.
Another thing about the Guard, only men can enlist, because the Khrikar'ra have extreme difficulty bonding to female hosts, extreme difficulty meaning that it is almost impossible for a Khrikar'ra to bond with a woman. THe public does not know that the Khrikar'ra exist, and is often told that the Guard just has awesome weaponry.

Back to the story.

The MC is a girl who dreamed of joining the Guard since she was little. When she found out that only men can enlist, she firmly believed that she can disguise herself as a man to join the Guard. And then puberty happened, and the physical changes that occur in a female's body during adolescence, in the MC's case, ensured that she could never conceal her gender to enlist.
Just as she is beginning to accept that she will never be a guard and resigns herself to her job at the family fishery, her floating town is sacked by pirates. The Guard send agents to deal with the pirates, and one is killed near the fishery.
The MC picks up his weapon, not knowing that it is not just a gun, and tries to shoot the man across the way who is currently attacking her mother. The Khrikar'ra bonds to her, and she loses consciousness. When she wakes up, she finds that she has been shanghaied and is being transported to the Guard base for questioning as to how in the hell she managed to use someone else's Khrikar'ra. She is interrogated and nearly tortured before the director of the Guard decides to step in and offer her that which she wanted most in life; to become a Guard. So the MC becomes the first female Guard in history.

Obviously, this comes to a sort of reverse harem anime situation. There is one beautiful woman surrounded by dudes. The MC becomes a sort of symbol for the women of the world entirely accidentally, while at the same time facing the prejudice of being "Just a woman" doing a "man's job". There are those who believe she slept her way to where she is, those who believe her incapable of doing anything, and those who think she is just a fluke and her Khrikar'ra got insanely unlucky.

Is this cliche?"

Almost immediately, the first response I get is that yes, it is cliche because the MC's gender has absolutely no impact on anything.

message 37: by Priscilla (new)

I see. Well that isn't true because of the fact that they had already tested if the Khrikar could bond with women. Otherwise they wouldn't have known to begin with. In this situration MC is unique not just by the fact that she is a woman but the fact she is even unique among her same sex.

It's kind of like the Hardsuits in Bubblegum Crisis because only women of a certain quality can bond with them. They have to have the same something that the creator of the suits have other than just being female.

message 38: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

Yeah, exactly.

I'm pretty sure the guy who said that just has a grudge with me because I previously had a plot point where a salamander spirit in heaven is so desperate to return to earth and protect her master that she tries to kill herself and be sent to hell, since she knows she can get out of hell, but God won't let her out of heaven. THe guy's immediate reaction was "That's not MY god!" I feel like he just has a grudge, but that was quick and snippy punch in the soul

message 39: by Xander, Starch Beard (new)

Probs a bible-thumping kid who has a grudge against you

message 40: by Priscilla (new)

Wow. It wasn't as if you were taking a personal jab at him. I hate it when people take things so personal. I know this girl that calls everything that isn't Christian witch craft when it's not.

message 41: by Priscilla (new)

That could also be true.

Shade and Sweet Water Xander.....

message 42: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

Wouldn't be the first bible thumper to hate me. I'm Atheist and I'm not afraid of it. And apparently that makes me a devil worshipper.

message 43: by Florida_Man16, Cursed to Write for All Eternity (new)

Depends on what you're laughing at, Robert

message 44: by Xander, Starch Beard (new)

Greetings Priscilla, wonderful to see you active again.

I understand how you feel. Whenever I´m on amino I joined a demons AND angels rp. This group of christian users formed a group of Angels quite like the Nazis.

message 45: by Priscilla (new)

To be a devil worshiper would me you would have to believe in him.... Some people aren't the brightest.....

All I can say about myself is that I'm complicated... very complicated.

message 46: by Xander, Starch Beard (new)

Same here Priscilla. Everyone is complicated in their own right. Granted, some folks are easier to read than others.

message 47: by Priscilla (new)

Xander wrote: "Greetings Priscilla, wonderful to see you active again.

I understand how you feel. Whenever I´m on amino I joined a demons AND angels rp. This group of christian users formed a group of Angels qui..."

How are you?
I'm trying to be... I'm hoping to do better....

message 48: by Priscilla (new)

The truth is that not much fazes me. It doesn't matter what it is. Also if I have questions..... any kind of questions I'm not afraid to ask them. Also if I have answers to someones' question I'm not afraid to be bluntly honest.

message 49: by Priscilla (new)

Robert wrote: "the girl that calls everything witch craft, i didn't refresh the page before i posted so that was the last comment i saw before i posted"

Sadly I know that she has that opinion because of her parents...

message 50: by Priscilla (new)

I have to go. I'll talk to you soon...

« previous 1 3 4 5