What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Middle ages series about a young witch boy

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Farting Llama (new)

Farting Llama (fartingllama) | 9 comments I read this a long time ago, like uh 6-7 years, I think, or even longer? I believe it was a children's book, but I'm not really sure.

It started in some small village where a young boy lived with his grandma who was, I believe, a healer of some sorts. She helped some woman give birth and the baby came out with a birthmark (strawberry shaped, if I'm not mistaken) so they accused her of witchcraft and hung her in the town square. She made her grandson promise her that if her neck didn't immediately snap, he'd have to help, so when she started choking he ran forward and hung onto her legs so she wouldn't suffer.

He ran from the village after. At one point he was hiding from an army. Then he got to some town where, if I remember correctly, some man was advertising what was basically snake oil, and he got found out.

Then the boy found work or residence with some really rich person (maybe this was in the second book?) and there was another young boy there who was mentally challenged. At one point, the MC somehow got hung by his neck and the other boy wanted to help, but he wasn't sure how, so he did what the MC did in the beginning, hung onto his legs in hopes of getting him down.
There was also some foul plot that the MC was investigating on that rich person's property.

I think (but seriously, don't quote me on this) that the title had something to do with crows or ravens.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Farting Llama ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 182, from six months ago, where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!