Historical Romance Book Club discussion

You Only Love Once (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love, #3)
This topic is about You Only Love Once
Gaol/Buddy Reads & Challenges > BR - You Only Love Once

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joanna Loves Reading (joannalovesreading) | 3783 comments Mod
Buddy Read for:

You Only Love Once (The Bow St. Agents Spies in Love, #3) by Caroline Linden
You Only Love Once by Caroline Linden

Synopsis:(view spoiler)

Starting sometime around April 8! All welcome :)

Mariana | 2251 comments Yay! I am ready for a good book.

Loriidae | 1103 comments Yeah I am going to be disappointed when I finish this series. I think that I only have a couple of stand alones left on her backlist.

Mariana | 2251 comments I have an entire other series to go.

message 5: by Loriidae (last edited Apr 08, 2019 12:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Loriidae | 1103 comments Mariana wrote: "I have an entire other series to go."
If I remember rightly, that's the truth about the Duke.. if so then you've left the best until last. Be sure to let us know when you intend to start. I am definitely up for a reread and I am sure Joanna will be as well.

message 6: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new) - rated it 4 stars

Definitely ;-)

Mariana | 2251 comments Loriidae wrote: "Mariana wrote: "I have an entire other series to go."
If I remember rightly, that's the truth about the Duke.. if so then you've left the best until last. Be sure to let us know when you intend to ..."

You remember correctly. I planned to already start The Truth About the Duke but put it on hold to finish this trilogy first. I will definitely let you know. Probably next month.

Mariana | 2251 comments I read the first 6 chapters, and I can hardly put the book down. Angelique, Nate, and the plot are all intriguing.

message 9: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new) - rated it 4 stars

It is easy to read!

I am through Chapter 6 now. There were a couple long chapters in there so didn’t think I would catch up to where you were yesterday but am enjoying.

I recall so little of this one, but I do tend to enjoy stories with a link to the French Revolution for some reason. I am wondering why Ian didn’t get a book. I had been thinking he would be the hero here.

I enjoyed Nate and Angelique’s verbal sparring in chapter 6.

message 10: by Loriidae (last edited Apr 11, 2019 04:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Loriidae | 1103 comments A little late but I am here. :)

Through Chapter six
Loving Nate. Haven't warmed to Angelique as yet, but I guess her coldness is of having to make her way in a man's world.

I really enjoy the French revolution, and napoleonic wars for background stories as well.

Mariana | 2251 comments I felt bad for Angelique when she went to Ian's house. He was one of her few friends and constantly flirted with her, yet a possible marriage between them was obviously not appealing to him at all. Angelique threw it out the way she did because she was not brave enough to openly admit she wanted to retire and get married to someone who knew her. I am afraid Ian's reaction will prevent her from trying again.

Mariana | 2251 comments Chapter 12

(view spoiler)

Loriidae | 1103 comments Through chapter 9 (view spoiler)

Mariana | 2251 comments Loriidae wrote: "Through chapter 9 [spoilers removed]"

Yes, I agree.

Loriidae | 1103 comments Well... I am bad ... I flew ahead and finished without making any notes. Anyway... (view spoiler) 4 stars

Mariana | 2251 comments Loriidae wrote: "Well... I am bad ... I flew ahead and finished without making any notes. Anyway... I really liked it but I didn't love it. I found Angelique really hard to warm to. I really liked Nate. I liked th..."

Me too. I finished yesterday and was hoping I could respond to comments from my memory.

I actually loved it. Angelique was hard to warm to, but I thought she was a good match for Nate. I find that I, unlike many readers, tend to like leading ladies who start off prickly or outwardly cool as long as I see character growth through the story.

message 17: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished this last night. I think each of these books are at about an even level for me. Not the best CL has to offer but very good with deft plotting.

Nate was a pretty awesome hero. I liked Angelique. Agree she’s not very warm, but I liked how her competence sort of isolated her.

Mariana | 2251 comments I am ready to start #1 One Night in London whenever if you ladies are still interested in re-reading.

message 19: by Loriidae (last edited May 03, 2019 03:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Loriidae | 1103 comments Great I have that on audio and would love to visit an old friend.

I hardly read anything last month as I had a tear in my retina. That's all fixed but I am finding my concentration is still quite short. On the upside I have done a lot of gardening while listening, but I got sick of watching tv. I normally read in preference to television.

message 20: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new) - rated it 4 stars

I can start soon on listening. I will count it as my Regency for this month. Listening is all that I have time for at the moment

Loriidae | 1103 comments I will set up a topic. Starting Wednesday??

Mariana | 2251 comments Loriidae wrote: "I will set up a topic. Starting Wednesday??"

Yes, Wednesday is perfect.

Loriidae | 1103 comments Excellent! I have set up the topic:
One Night in London (The Truth About the Duke, #1) by Caroline Linden One Night in London

Discussion: One Night in London Buddy Read