Play Book Tag discussion

Bones of the Earth (Inspector Shan, #10)
This topic is about Bones of the Earth
Archive: Other Books > Bones of the Earth by Eliot Pattison - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Booknblues | 6194 comments Bones of the Earth is the tenth and final Inspector Shan book by Eliot Pattison. It seemed to me that the final book of a series which I have enjoyed so much deserved a 5 star rating. I am truly sorry that this is the last one of the series, but I enjoyed the heck out of reading it.

For a little background, the series which is set in Tibet begins with The Skull Mantra. Inspector Shan was a detective in Beijing on the fast track until he went up against some Party bigwigs and was sent in disgrace to prison in Tibet. He survived there with the help of some imprisoned Tibetian Monks. I was so impressed by The Skull Mantra that I read the first 4 books one after another like book potato chips. I was clearly hooked and have preordered every one since then.

I have Pattison to thank for giving me a small education on Tibet and I'm always thrilled to have a reading journey there. I thought that Pattison wrapped the story up nicely, although if he changes his mind (hopefully) , he could easily add to the story.

I encourage all who enjoy mysteries to give this series a try beginning with the Skull Mantra.

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7871 comments I use to love a good "Inspector" book/series and this one sounds like fun. I am searching for good solid books that won't tax my head too much-lol, in other words a little lighter.. I am going to put that first one on my TBR shelf

Booknblues | 6194 comments Joanne wrote: "I use to love a good "Inspector" book/series and this one sounds like fun. I am searching for good solid books that won't tax my head too much-lol, in other words a little lighter.. I am going to p..."

I hope you like it. Many of the first ones also involve a quest of some kind and I enjoyed traversing Tibet.