YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Pasta, Pirates and Poison (Beachside Books #1)
This topic is about Pasta, Pirates and Poison
BUDDY READ: Mystery/Crime > Pasta, Pirates and Poison, by Paula Lester - beginning April 18th, 2019

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer | 3551 comments Description:
She wants to get back to Italy. Does she have a ghost of a chance?

Paige Murphy loves her new life in Italy, where she can sip wine, eat pasta, and while the days away working on her romance novel. But all that changes when her beloved aunt falls ill, and she must fly back home to Texas—a place she thought she’d left behind.

In a blink, she finds herself with a failing beachside bookstore, jealous cousins out to get her, and pesky suitors who won’t leave her alone. As if that wasn’t enough, buried treasure and hidden secrets could prove to be deadly!

Pasta, Pirates and Poison is Book 1 in the Beachside Books Magical Cozy Mystery Series. If you like paranormal cozy mysteries (with a cat), you’ll love this light-hearted, fun read.

Courtney | 11327 comments This sounds interesting. Do you mind if I join?

Jennifer | 3551 comments Courtney wrote: "This sounds interesting. Do you mind if I join?"

Please join us! You are always welcome!

Karen Barber | 10016 comments Has anyone started this yet? Cozy mysteries aren’t really something I’ve read much of, but it might be good to do something different.

Karen Barber | 10016 comments Opening chapter has cliches aplenty. The main character seems a bit of a dreamer.

Karen Barber | 10016 comments Up to ch5. Bit of a shock. Still, the awful cousins deserve every awful thing that happens to them.

Karen Barber | 10016 comments Up to ch9. Surprised she hasn’t had a more thorough look round. Something very odd going on here.

Karen Barber | 10016 comments Up to ch14. Curious to see what will come of Captain McDougal.

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Karen wrote: "Has anyone started this yet? Cozy mysteries aren’t really something I’ve read much of, but it might be good to do something different."

I’m starting now!

The whole third person narration is a bit hard to follow. I’m excited to try a cozy mystery though as I’ve never read one before!

message 10: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Chapter 3 (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10016 comments Up to ch15. Definitely at least two suspicious characters, but whether she’ll work out what is going on remains to be seen.

Karen Barber | 10016 comments Up to ch18. Liking the fact nobody bats an eyelid at this turn of events.

Karen Barber | 10016 comments Finished. Review on home page. Not as focused on magic as I expected, but an entertaining story.

message 15: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Chapter 7 (view spoiler)

message 16: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch9. Surprised she hasn’t had a more thorough look round. Something very odd going on here."

Yes I would be straight in that attic (probably with Scott though haha)

message 17: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Chapter 18 (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10016 comments Shae wrote: "Chapter 18 [spoilers removed]"

As I was reading there were at least three or four suspicious characters. All have a feasible need to get her out of the shop.

Courtney | 11327 comments Chapter 1 I am not sure how I feel about this yet.
Hopefully it wont be a slow read for me.

Courtney | 11327 comments Chapter 3 (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Ch 4 (23%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 11 (50%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 17 (76%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11327 comments Jennifer wrote: "Ch 4 (23%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 11 (50%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 17 (76%) - [spoilers removed]
Finished - [spoilers removed]"

Responding to the 4% yeah its a little fast on that part.

Courtney | 11327 comments Shae wrote: "Chapter 7 [spoilers removed]"

I dont know that is a little to obvious.

Courtney | 11327 comments Chapter 8. (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11327 comments Chapter 14 (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11327 comments Chapter 17 (view spoiler)