Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Free Beta for YA, Sci-Fi, poetry, or General Fiction

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 5 comments Hi there! Finished my last project and looking for the next. I offer a 1-2 week turn-around (depending on the length of your project) and feedback in whatever format you need. I've had authors send me lists of questions they want answered, the super-popular beta form, or just ask for my general feedback (any of these is fine). I've beta-read for 5 published pieces and numerous more that are currently in the publication process.

Please send a sample of your work (often the first chapter or three chapters) to my email at alybuchthal@hotmail.com, as well as your preferred method of feedback. If I think we'd work well together, I will ask for the rest and give you feedback on the first portion you've sent me. If you like the feedback you've gotten, you can send me the rest. If not, no stress! I will beta-read and then send you the feedback within 2 weeks. If I receive a deluge of works from this post, I will be in contact with all of you, and the return process might just take slightly longer.

Thanks so much, and I look forward to working with you!

message 2: by Stefan (new)

Stefan Sevov | 81 comments Hi Alyssa,
I am glad to have you on board because your service is what I need. I have a 98K YA Fantasy and Science Fiction novel if you are interested. It is a story of war, vengeance and family drama that doesn't shy away from the dark realities of life. I will find it really helpful if you reply and comment on characters, plot, world-building. Here's the blurb I made:
THE WORLD IS DYING
For seventeen years the Universal War has torn the world of men and wizards, and the Black King is winning. Soon King Kerrasar will reign supreme and in a world where no one is safe. The only hope people have lives on the Capital, Planet Earth, unaware of who they truly are. But soon they will know. Soon each one will bear the curse and name of a Saviour, and the world's fate will hang on their shoulders.
In King Kerrasar's world, however, there is no place for heroes, only darkness or death.

Please reach me at ssevov17@yahoo.com to discuss further.
Best of wishes!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello Alyssa!

Would you be interested in reading a take on Urban Fantasy or is that a genre you rather not read?

-Jake

message 4: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Keast (christopher_keast) | 18 comments Hi Alyssa,

Would you be interested in beta reading my 90K-word sci-fi dystopia novel?

A little about my story:
In the not-so distant future, as the digital world’s freight-train steam rolls right into its inevitable threshold of physical data storage limits, strange things begin to happen. At the same time, Kicis and Anna are each at a philosophical crossroads of sorts. For Kicis, his knowledge of history cannot yet help him decipher what the future holds regarding the limits of humans’ Earthly data aggregation and smartphone obsessions – including his own. For Anna, it’s what to do next with her life after a major career change from law to photography, followed by a provocating breakup with her former lover. The two of them collide into one another under most inauspicious circumstances: the world’s most reveled structural human artifacts begin mysteriously disappearing. As the rest of the world tries to find the meaning and reasons behind it, the two of them become transfixed on this new problem, trying to solve the final riddle plaguing humanity. Despite world leaders outlawing such detective work, someone needs to figure it out, as global worries peak. Has a tipping point been reached within the bounds of Earth’s physical constraints? Or is it simply the beginning of the Datapocalypse?

Please let me know if this is of interest. I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,
Chris