What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Act of God
This topic is about Act of God
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Fiction Jesus's bones discovered by priest from 1990s NOT non-fiction or actual. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cherrybomb (new) - added it

Cherrybomb | 8 comments I'm trying to find a book I read back in the early 1990s about a priest who thinks he's found the remains of Jesus. It takes place in the US, it's totally a work of fiction--long before the Jesus Seminar or any of that. I thought the book had the word "Betrayed" or "Betrayal" in the title, but I'm not able to narrow it down through Google or Amazon.

Anyone who may have a clue--I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

message 2: by April (new)

April | 24 comments there is another post where someone is looking for a similar book ... posted on March 29 ... the title references jesus body instead of bones ... there are suggestions in that post ... y'all might be looking for the same book ...

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33466 comments Mod
Good memory, April. Here's a request for a similar book - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by Cherrybomb (new) - added it

Cherrybomb | 8 comments Thank you YES she’s remembered more of the story. I remember a piece of the title. THANK YOU. We can close this or combine?

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura L. Van Dam (lauralvd) | 10 comments cross bones by kathy reichs?

message 6: by Kris (new)

Cherrybomb, is your book:

- Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs or
- The Body by Richard Ben Sapir?

message 7: by Cherrybomb (new) - added it

Cherrybomb | 8 comments No we ruled those out based on the link above. Thank you. Not the same book.

message 8: by Cherrybomb (new) - added it

Cherrybomb | 8 comments I solved my search the book is called Act of God A Novel by Charles Templeton.

It’s a difficult book to source because even amazon has it mixed up with another book same name that’s humor.

Thanks for your help!

message 9: by Kris (new)

Glad you found your book, Cherrybomb. Here's the link - Act of God by Charles Templeton.

message 10: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1670 comments Act of God is available on the Internet Archives: https://archive.org/details/actofgodn... .

You need to be a member to "check out" a book, but membership is free; you only need to give them an e-mail address.

message 11: by Cherrybomb (new) - added it

Cherrybomb | 8 comments Thank you!!!