Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Combining Editions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber Lynne Hughes | 3 comments I was trying to combine editions, but the wrong book was populated as the "main" one. Everything should be combined into "Rich in Love: A Collection of Short Romance Stories" as the only book on my profile.

I believe I need someone's help to make this happen.

Thank you in advance!

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 16316 comments The books were all combined together. I separated them out. I don't know why you are saying they should all be under Rich in Love; can you clarify?

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber Lynne Hughes | 3 comments I'm new at this, but the individual books were short stories that were reissued into one collection (Rich in Love). So I was trying to get the author listing to reflect that. :)

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 16316 comments only identical works get combined.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41701 comments Mod
That is, parts should not be combined with wholes, regardless of publication history.

However, if you wish, you can add a note to the descriptions of the shorts stating that they are now available in the collection. It can have a link to the book on Goodreads (but not a link to another site, as external links are not allowed in book descriptions on Goodreads).

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber Lynne Hughes | 3 comments Okay, thank you. I’m sorry I did it wrong. Just trying to tidy up the page. :)